Viewing 5 posts - 201 through 205 (of 205 total)
  • road rage,Woman blocks road and claims cyclist is attacking her
  • gonzy
    Free Member

Grum & Junkyard…guys chill out…it’s Friday!! 😀

Cougar

the cyclist “could of handled it better”. Yes he could, but his reaction did not cause anything,

You’ve no idea what he did or didn’t cause.

From my view from the camera, it looks to me like she deliberately blocked off the road. But we don’t know that for sure, she could’ve been away with the fairies and not seen him, then got a fright when he “suddenly” appeared. It’s not clear but watching it again it looks like he’s far enough away when she starts to move out that it’s reasonable to think she hasn’t seen him at that point.

She might well have been a cyclist-hating harpy fully intending to confront him regardless of his actions. Or she might have misunderstood his arm-waving and orders to “move the f over” followed by him moving right up close to her driver’s door as acts of aggression. Plus, it looks like he moves out to primary as he’s passing the last parked car, which again she might have misinterpreted the intentions of.

For selective readers like JY I’ll just reiterate, I’m not defending her actions in any way. She is 100% in the wrong place and should have let him past. But, I stand by the fact that he could have handled the situation better. He could.

If he’d sat and waited quietly for her to yield, I’d expect that she’d have run out of patience waiting before he did and moved out of the way, especially given that there was plenty of room to do so without needing to reverse, and given that traffic was building up behind her. She might not have of course, I’m only guessing, but it seems to me that that would be a course of action less likely to inflame the situation.

That’s all I’m saying. I’m not blaming the victim, and I’m not suggesting he should’ve given in to the bully. But a simple, silent gesture to move over might well have diffused the situation more easily than looking / sounding angry at someone and then riding up to them.

Or it might not. Who knows.

Junkyard
    Free Member

For selective readers like JY I’ll just reiterate, I’m not defending her actions in any way

Can you highlight the part where i claimed you were? What I have suggested it is that it is odd to suggest that calm serenity and reasonableness would have emanated from her had he not sworn to at conversational level and gesticulated as to where she should be. You have seen how she acts in the video?

You’ve no idea what he did or didn’t cause…….

If he’d sat and waited quietly for her to yield, I’d expect that she’d have run out of patience waiting before he did and moved out of the way,
    Right so we dont know what he caused but we can surmise what she would do based on the fact she had opportunity to do all this and did not.
    IMHO it seems somewhat fanciful to think she would have suddenly become reasonable after enough staring – would this not have been confrontational? It is true we cannot be certain what would happen however I see nothing in that video to suggest that driver was about to break into reasonable behaviour at any point and i fail to see what you see that makes you think she would have had he acted differently.
    TBH it really does look like she is not capable of acting reasonably, rationally nor in accord with the highway code from that video and she is barking by the end

Or it might not. Who knows

For the reasons stated above i find it strange to think that if he had acted differently she would have but yes it might have but its quite unlikely

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Step away from the keyboard.

Please?

imnotverygood

If he’d sat and waited quietly for her to yield, I’d expect that she’d have run out of patience waiting before he did and moved out of the way,

I’m not so sure that is the case. People can be very stubborn. A couple of days ago I was cycling home up my street which is too narrow for two cars to pass due to parking. A car was behind me and another was approaching. I got through ok but I could hear the two cars stopping in the middle of the road and the sound of revving engines. I got home, had a slice of toast and some orange juice, and then went out again. The two cars were still there, eyeball to eyeball and this must’ve been 10 minutes later. Don’t underestimate some people’s stupidity in these sort of cases, especially if there is a bike inviolved.

Viewing 5 posts - 201 through 205 (of 205 total)

The topic ‘road rage,Woman blocks road and claims cyclist is attacking her’ is closed to new replies.