Viewing 29 posts - 121 through 149 (of 149 total)
  • Road rage video
  • MrWoppit
    Free Member

Totally agree, but…

richmtb

whatnobeer +1

Guy in the van is a violent thug, no one deserves that

aracer
    Free Member

I was getting bored with trying to make that point, whatnobeer, so thought I’d join in with the nitpicking 😉

starfanglednutter
    Free Member

So, the cyclist is clearly being a bit of a d*ck, what with the airhorn etc and lack of patience, but the WVM is the only person to commit a crime – and like the coppers, we only have this video to go on. Sounds like it’s been resolved as well, so all a bit academic now.

But it did provoke a question in my mind. What if a cyclist is behaving erratically and dangerously and targets a driver who he thinks has wronged him – trying to damage his car etc? In slow moving traffic the driver can’t get away. What form of come back does the driver have? Unlike cars with number plates, how do you identify and prosecute an errant cyclist? Dashboard cams are one thing, but might not get caught on tape if he’s scratching your passenger doors with a key. Just trying to imagine from the other side of the fence.

oldnick

I’m told that having flat pedals makes for a ‘better’ rider (SPD’s here BTW) so why didn’t the rider wheelie into WVM’s face when he opened his door in front of him?

Very disappointed. C-

Come to think of it crashing into WVM would both hurt the pint sized twunt and you would be the victim so would keep the moral high ground 🙂

aracer
    Free Member

What if a cyclist pedestrian is behaving erratically and dangerously and targets a driver who he thinks has wronged him – trying to damage his car etc? In slow moving traffic the driver can’t get away. What form of come back does the driver have? Unlike cars with number plates, how do you identify and prosecute an errant cyclist pedestrian? Dashboard cams are one thing, but might not get caught on tape if he’s scratching your passenger doors with a key.

Tattoos on the forehead at birth. It’s the only way. I suppose you might have a problem with people wearing balaclavas, but you could prosecute them in the same way all those drivers with illegible number plates are…

starfanglednutter
    Free Member

Was thinking about other road users really.

aracer
    Free Member

Pedestrians don’t use the road? 😯

starfanglednutter
    Free Member

Oh you’re right, what was I thinking? 🙄

fourbanger
    Free Member

Tugger meets tugger on the road.
    On one hand, undertaking, being a condescending ahole, having a horn on a bike, not being able to fight a fat midget and using flats on a road bike. On the other hand, being a fat midget with anger management issues and bothering to start a fight about all of the above….
    Juries out but I think I’ll award it to the cyclist as the fat midget probably can’t see his dick anymore through a small dick big belly combo.

bigjim

Cyclist made that happen – wouldn’t have happened if he’d let the car parallel park in the first place instead of doing his head shaking routine and the stirring after that. Van driver clearly not a nice person though, but not much sympathy for the cyclist from me I’m afraid.

There is a commuter I often see in Edinburgh with a gopro on his helmet, he undertakes cars at traffic light queues and peers in to look at the drivers as he goes past, some kind of weird passive aggressive posturing, stupid thing to do.

aracer
    Free Member

Cyclist made that happen

Yes, of course he did.

fourbanger
    Free Member

He could have made it not happen.

GrahamS

he undertakes cars at traffic light queues and peers in to look at the drivers as he goes past, some kind of weird passive aggressive posturing, stupid thing to do.

Establishing eye contact with drivers, as per bike training?

The fiend!

crankboy
    Free Member

Undertakes at lights like what you are supposed to do ? Makes eye contact to ensure drivers have seen him and so avoid any accidents ? No wonder the roads are so dangerous for cyclists when even posters on a cycling forum don’t understand why commuters do what they do and view being safe as a passive aggressive act.

Hard to see anything particularly wrong in the cyclists riding on the video . Very hard to see why a combination of careless driving and common assault aggravated by being premeditated in a public place and by being a road rage incident was written off by way of local resolution.

fourbanger
    Free Member

You can see from some of my other posts I’m a bit of a boring old fart when it comes to cycle safety and rules regarding road use. I ride a lot of road miles each year without incident so I like to think I’m doing something right.
    Crankboy, I’m interested to see where it says you’re supposed to undertake.

Don’t get me wrong, fat midget is a chopper and assault is assault, but it’s pretty easy to pick holes on what the cyclist is doing and plainly obvious to see that the whole thing was avoidable.

user-removed
    Free Member

From that article;

…drivers directed their vision, which was often at clouds…

🙂

trailmonkey

i happen to think that the cyclist was at fault initially and was essentially impatiently undertaking. blasting an airhorn at wvm also highlights him as a bit of a knob.
    however, none of that actually entitles wvm to assault him and the decision of the police not to prosecute is astounding.
    seeing as the criminal justice system is doing absolutely sweet f.a in the way of effective punishment or to deter wvm from repeating his anti social behavior, then i’m actually quite glad that wvm is getting the static that he is (according to the gaurdian link).

alaslas
    Free Member

I think the retribution meted out to wvm in whatever dubious forms is probably going to have more of an impact long-term than a slap on the wrists by the law.

allmountainventure
    Free Member

Maybe attacks on cyclists should be categorised as a hate crime?

Macavity
    Free Member
    DezB
    Free Member

Animal cruelty is hilarious eh?

Macavity
    Free Member

Insane and violent people.

spchantler
    Free Member

why post this? not funny

Macavity
    Free Member

Violent and insane people crop up in all sorts of places.

DezB
    Free Member

Oh right, that’s relevant then.

Macavity
    Free Member

The video in the original post has been taken down by youtube, but the bear beating video is still there.
    A crazy world.

aracer
    Free Member

I presume the bear’s wife didn’t complain to YouTube.

Viewing 29 posts - 121 through 149 (of 149 total)

The topic ‘Road rage video’ is closed to new replies.