Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Road brake blocks?
  • Taff
    Free Member

Need some new brake pads for my retro ride as the original pads decided to crumble on today’s ride. Don’t really know what to go for so was hoping for some advice from the STW massive. Looking on Wiggle there are some Ashima pads for 6.99 or on CRC some Ultegra ones for £8.99. Got aluminium rims if that makes any difference?

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Kool stop salmon are good.

BadlyWiredDog

Or Swisstop Green, though they’re not cheap.

gumby
    Free Member

I can second the kool stop salmon coloured ones. Really good for less than a tenner!

Taff
    Free Member

I will have a look at the Kool Stop pads tomorrow, can find the inserts easily but not the shoes. Need a pc…

Thanks guys

pinches
    Free Member

i like the swisstop greens, but like you say £25 for a set of blocks 😐

OmarLittle
    Free Member

swisstop green for me. they come with 4 pads so they work out not that much more expensive than other quality pads

jonba
    Free Member

If you just want cheap then try superstarcomponents or disco brakes. Good enough for my commuter bike and winter bike. Racing bike is still on original pads but I think I’d spend the extra there and go for something better performing.

curlie467
    Free Member

I got the Halt gooey pads from chain reaction, excellent at stopping but blink and they are gone!

rootes1

swiss stop – work ace wet or dry, kind to rims, no black crud in the wet and last ages.. so despite cost good value

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Road brake blocks?’ is closed to new replies.