Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)
  • RIP Ryan Hancox. Another murdered child.
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

Whole heartedly the most sad and depressing thing I've read about in a long time! How anyone could do stuff like that is beyond me! Those two feckers should be systematically abused every day up until their release date and then hung for good measure!!

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Those two feckers should be systematically abused every day up until their release date and then hung for good measure!!

Because that would demonstrate what? That the best way to deal with violent and abusive people is to be violent and abusive? Corporal and capital punishment are symptoms of a violent society; they are not a cure.

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind" Mahatma Ghandi

Edric64
    Free Member

Sharia law would work,bit of stoning ,chopping thieves hands off 😯

joolsburger
    Free Member

People who talk about this revenge stuff are just mental.

Have a look on the web and watch a stoning or a beheading or someone getting their hands cut off – I did and I almost puked.

Life in prison is the thing to do with people like this threefish is spot on joining them devalues us.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

People who talk about this revenge stuff are just mental.

Have a look on the web and watch a stoning or a beheading or someone getting their hands cut off – I did and I almost puked.
    So who is the most mentalist? Wanting revenge for the above or surfing the internet for revolting video clips?

firestarter
    Free Member

Life in prison at what expense a year til they die or get released to reoffend .or 14p for 2 5.56 rounds infact in the current financial climate you could put their heads together and only use the one round

BigDummy
    Free Member

Educating oneself about the ugly consequences of idiots' medieval ideas about criminal justice barely gets onto the "mentalism" spectrum.

Obviously, surfing the internet for videos of beheadings while playing with yourself is pretty odd. 🙂

warton
    Free Member

I don't think you can put an economic slant on the death penalty. its a purely moral decision, not a cost cutting one.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

You could put them all into an arena and have them fight to the death – last man standing wins a lifetime in prison with unlimited daytime TV and free pool tables.

You could televise it too. Perhaps Kiddicare.co.uk would like to sponsor the advertising breaks.

wrightyson
    Free Member

How can you rehabilitate somone who has stooped so low? Ok forget the abuse just kill them! And good point re the videos MF

yunki
    Free Member

Life in prison at what expense a year

mmmmmmmmmm hmmm.. yummy capitalism at it's basest

joolsburger
    Free Member

I saw it and I'm not ashamed to say I did. It was the most sickening thing I've seen and now I know and have seen (albeit second hand) what these societies are capable of. I think if a few more people actually had to face the things they talk about so glibly, like capital punishment, they would be a little less ready to support it.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

So you only watched these clips so you could understand different societies and their approach to punishment?

Oooookayy…

wwaswas

could you not just have, like, imagined what it must be like to see someone murdered/mutilated by the state?

firestarter
    Free Member

Jools after serving in bosnia and iraq I know and have seen exactly what people are capable of thanks

highclimber
    Free Member

Daily Mail reader are we, Sir Wrighty??

yunki
    Free Member

I was gonna say… If I'd wanted Daily Mail headlines on my MTB forum of choice.. I probably would have bought the newspaper..

joolsburger
    Free Member

You may find it hard to believe but I was doing exactly that. Unlike some I think it's important to find information for myself rather than being spoon fed by the media.

Oddly enough I also went to the Holocaust exhibition at the IWM does that make me a sick bastard too?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I'd not heard about Ryan, so googled him to find out what happened. I couldn't finish reading it it upset me so much.

As far as I'm concerned men and women can go on killing themseves as long and as violently as they like and just sling them in prison as far as I care, but to do something like that to a child? I'd gladly pull the trigger.

BigDummy
    Free Member

joolsburger – the "Chris Langham defence", as it is known. 😉

I approve. Pretty sure they aren't stoning people because you're buying the videos, so other than squeamishness I'm not sure I understand the problem.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Oddly enough I also went to the Holocaust exhibition at the IWM does that make me a sick bastard too?

Watching someone being stoned to death on a video clip is utterly different from visiting a museum.

Ohh, and I have been to Krakow specifically so I could visit Auschwitz to see the deathcamps for myself but I can say with 100% certainty that I could never sit through a video clip of someone being stoned to death.

BigDummy
    Free Member

utterly different

Because you've done it. The IWM has an exhibition on genocide which (amongst other things) contains footage of stupid Rwandan pillocks killing people with machetes. Is that sick, or is it a museum and therefore laudable? 🙂

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Feed them to lions as half time entertainment at football games

warton
    Free Member

I'd gladly pull the trigger.

Very easy thing to say.

bristolbiker
    Free Member

So flame me, but what PP said, pretty much to the letter 🙁

joolsburger
    Free Member

Fine MFG you don't have to watch it but I think until people have seen this stuff in the round it's pretty stupid to suggest stoning peados and child killers.

Is the life of a child worth more somehow than an adult or is it just more emotive.

You can't just have child killers executed the moral arguement isn't there.

My view is let's not kill anyone.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Forum member in "outraged at child murder" shocker!!!

Hardly worth posting about is it?

Edric64
    Free Member

We could sort prison overcrowding easily .If you execute child molesters and murderers.One machine gun is all it takes.I expect many family members of the abused and dead will volunteer to pull the trigger

PenrodPooch
    Free Member

These things will sadly always happen and contine to make headlines, even if it is 'almost' erradicated in this country, which compared to 100 years ago it probably has (conjecture) the problem in developing countries will continue. Did anyone see the documetary about child witches in Africa??

wwaswas

I expect many family members of the abused and dead will volunteer

I think that's exactly the point – the State is supposed to be able to get 'above' simple revenge in the way that it treats it's citizens who commit crimes?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Is the life of a child worth more somehow than an adult or is it just more emotive.

A tricky (and interesting)question to try to answer. Perhaps the life isn't any more important, but if an individual can murder a defenceless child then I would suggest that perhaps that person has more faulty wiring than a 'common' murderer and can have less defence for their actions.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

BTW I do not know the details of the case and I don't want to read about it. I do usually end up close to tears when I hear of child murders (such as those two poor little girls this week, murdered by their father along with their mother who was stabbed to death in a frenzied attack.

Funnily enough, the guy was into watching sick videos on the internet too apparently…

BigDummy
    Free Member

Nice bit of innuendo there mastiles, charming. 🙂

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Edric 64 – Member

We could sort prison overcrowding easily .If you execute child molesters and murderers.

Really? There are very few child murderers and less now that for a very long time. Most people are in jail for repeat minor offfending

tiger_roach
    Free Member

From what I've read in the past if we had a referendum on the death penalty it would be brought back – but that's a bad side of democracy so we don't do that right? Anyway, all we have as a severe punishment is the ability to lock up people up for a period of time to keep them away from the rest of society – hopefully get reformed in the process though.

Anyway, is there any scope to make better use of their time separated from society? Reformation must be a serious part of that but anyway to help them contribute something back to society and maybe offset he cost to a degree? Tread mills to generate power? Filling pot holes?

Or how about helping poorer countries by paying them to imprison people for us? They take them for a few years in return to cash they can use to help their society? Would save us a few quid and help poorer nations.

Just some thoughts….

firestarter
    Free Member

The trouble I think with prison is it creates an artifical community of people who either don't know right from wrong or just don't care. This attitude doesn't get any better in their as you are surrounded by like minded people. Then you are released and are the same if not worse, now I know this is not everyone but its a vast amountjust look at the amount of reoffenders. Imo of course 😉

wrightyson
    Free Member

Daily mail my arse!!! Wouldn't read that because there's no tits on page 3! And what bearing on ones stance does the paper you read have when it comes to children being killed???

joolsburger
    Free Member

MF you seem to be trying to get a rise from me, you wont.

I pity the lack of wherewithal on your part that means you have to stoop to such tactics.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

MF you seem to be trying to get a rise from me, you wont.

I pity the lack of wherewithal on your part that means you have to stoop to such tactics.
    Not trying to get a reaction at all – just giving my point of view on the subject as you are. Not trying to cause offence.

warton
    Free Member

We could sort prison overcrowding easily .If you execute child molesters and murderers

you don't believe that do you? the fact of the matter is the number of prisoners that are re-offenders continue to rise and rise. and the vast majority of these re-offenders are burglars and thieves .

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘RIP Ryan Hancox. Another murdered child.’ is closed to new replies.