• This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by GW.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Rim suggestions?
  • _tom_
    Free Member

Looking for a new rear rim for my bike as the current XM719 is nackered and can’t seem to be trued. It’s mostly used for downhill/freeride so needs to be strong. I have an EX721 on the front which has been flawless since I bought it around a year or two ago, so was just thinking about getting one of those.

However I’m kind of interested in tubeless so are there any rims that are equivalent in strength/weight but tubeless ready? Looks like the Mavic EX823 would be the one as it’s UST. I don’t really know the difference between types of tubeless (stans, hope hoops, ust etc) so what would be best?

Also I need new spokes, which brand does the best silver ones and what length would I need for a 32h laced to a standard 135mm rear Pro 2?

mikey74
    Free Member

Spank Subrosa 30 or Spikes? My Subrosas seem really good, and I think they are tubeless ready, although I use them twith tubes.

_tom_
    Free Member

The Spank site doesn’t seem to say whether they’re tubeless. They look nice though. Look a lot wider than the 721s, so possibly stronger/better for wider tyres and only 9g heavier..

GW
    Free Member

I would never go tubeless on the rear of a DH bike, just stick with a 721

GW
    Free Member

oh, and just use any decent brand’s double butted spokes

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Rim suggestions?’ is closed to new replies.