Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Riding near Knowsley
  • trio25
    Free Member

I'm trying to find some riding somewhere near Knowsley. Any ideas? It would be best if it wasn't cheeky as there will be a few of us.

Hoping that someone here has some local knowledge as its not my regular riding area.

Thanks

Artillerydave
    Free Member

have you checked us out? http://www.thewoollybacks.co.uk plenty of routes on our website.

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

Local riding near Knowsley doesn't really exist, the area is a bit too urban, the best riding to head to is likely to be either Delamere Forest or Rivington Pike, I'm fairly certain that the Wooollybacks website will have some info about these areas on it.

Knowsley can be Scally central, so keep your pride & joy locked & safe all the time except when riding.

johni
    Free Member

Delamere Forest? Bit of a drive but quite good. WooleyBacks probably have the details.

trio25
    Free Member

Had looked on the woollybacks site, most of the routes are further away. It's something for a bunch of kids so it doesn't need to be uber-technical! But something nearish would be good.

Is there anything at Sutton Manor?

tops5
    Free Member

There's loads of bridleways/footpaths in the surrounding fields between Knowlsey/Rainford.

Just take one of the paths off the East Lancs and follow your nose – I do this with my 12 year old now and then. Good for 2 – 3 hours (very flat tho).

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

@Trio, Sutton Manor (the Dream) has various tracks up & around it, but it might not keep you occupied for long.

Artillerydave
    Free Member

most of the very local riding in Knowsley is "cheeky" as you put it, around Sutton Manor their are plenty of non technical routes / tracks if it is just a bimble you are after with a group of young riders.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Riding near Knowsley’ is closed to new replies.