Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • riding in the Chilterns…
  • petefromearth

Visiting a mate in Brill weekend after next. He lives right by the windmill looking out across fantastic views. Anyone know if there is much riding to be done around here? I don’t know the area at all

Will keep my eyes peeled for kites obviously 🙂

Thanks
    Pete

ruscle
    Free Member

Loads just depends on mud conditions! A lot may not be legal but I used to just follow friends so can’t really help. I remember lots near christmas common and russel’s water.

soobalias
    Free Member

plenty, either OS map it, or take a look at the routes section on bucksmtb

you need to be a bit picky at this time of year, but the met office says we are in drought…

senorj

Lots of really good riding , Bways & a bit (quite alot actually) of cheek.
    Coming from Brill I would look at the map for Watlington and go towards Princes Risborough/Stokenchurch.

Singletrack mag in july or August last year had a couple of decent routes around Princes R. & Kimble to get you started.

If it does rain between now and then – be prepared to get claggy!

Trimix
    Free Member

Get an OS map, drive to Watlington or Princess Risborough and just explore. So many trails up/down/along the Chilters its pretty pointless trying to select a route for you.

Just ride about with the map/compass as an aid. If you dont like the trail you are on pick one of the many others. The hills wont kill you, some tracks will be muddy, others fine. The shape of the hills, prevailling wind, tree cover all conspire to create wet and dry parts.

Personally I would avoid the main signposted ones like the Ridgeway, this time of year lots of it will be pooey and muddy. I would go cheeky as well as off the beaten track, you will be on your own in a world of fun. Five mins away from the main towns / carparks its wonderfull.

Its great riding.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘riding in the Chilterns…’ is closed to new replies.