Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Rides near Chester
  • glenncampbell

I have a day to burn next Monday near Chester (taking the missus there for a conference so getting brownie points too!) and looking at the map the trails Coed Llandegla are close – are they any good? Mixed reviews on the forums on this one! Is it worth the extra travel time and going to Betws Y Coed instead?

Any advice appreciated. Cheers!

squin
    Free Member

RIDE THE CLWYDS 20 mins from Chester and stunning.

johni
    Free Member

Llandegla is good if you don't want to bother with a map and like trail centre riding. Several routes all ending at the cafe/car park mean that you can do a couple of loops whilst you are there.

squin
    Free Member

FWIW I really like Llandegla, not because it's technical or challenging, but just because it's good fun and has a brilliant cafe. A loop of the black will only take max 2 hrs, but you can add an extra bit to the loop by heading out of the forset and off the man made trail, to the mast and adding an extra loop to the black run.

I live near Chester and might be around in the daytime next Monday if you fancy being shown some unknown Clwyds trails and didn't fancy a trailcentre.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Have a blast @ llandegla then eat one of the best bacon butties in all the land afterwards

Marmoset
    Free Member

I'd go for the clwyds or over to Betws and do the Marin or Penmachno if it's really bad weather

Have you moved Stu? Didn't realise you were closer this way now

Rich

squin
    Free Member

Hi Rich,

Yeah, we're near Delamere now, not quite Chester but closer than we were.

You keeping well?

Stu.

project
    Free Member

second ride the clwyds web site, or llandegla, cafe is close on monday all day.

binners

Another vote for the Clwydds. Great riding. Hows about – Drum Mountain. Not much of a drive from Chester. Its quite a bigee. Some serious climbing. But the descent from the top of drum mountain is stupid fast!!! You'll get to the bottom laughing your socks off. And you get some stunning views over the coast

genesis
    Free Member

Car park open on Monday but centre closed at Llandegla.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Rides near Chester’ is closed to new replies.