Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Revelation RLTi set up issues
  • dougieb
    Free Member

Have a set of 2011 RS Revelations 150mm RLTi Dual Air’s. This is my third set of revs and I have the u-turn version on my hardtail. However, I have an issue with the RLTi’s in that they suck down into their travel if the negative air pressure is even around 75% – 80% of the positive. I’m aware that increasing the negative air spring has this affect, however you usually have match or exceed the +’ve psi for the to happen.

I have lowered the forks from 150 to 140 but can’t see how that would affect this. If +’ve and -‘ve are equal then they suck down around 10 – 15 mm. Is this a characteristic of the RLTi’s or do they need to go back for a warranty job ? My team u-turns sink down a couple of mm but nothing like these.

Other options are to return to 150mm and with them sitting down 10mm I achieve the 140mm that I’m after, or decrease -‘ve until they sit at 140mm but this will surely affect small bump sensitivity ?

Any advice welcome ?

mrh86

This doesnt help at all, but mine do exactly that as well

chakaping
    Free Member

Balancing pos and neg air doesn’t seem so important in the “blackbox” damped Revs, I know you had to get the old ones just right and sometimes I had to run more neg than pos to be happy with them.

Have you ridden the fork with less neg air in and were you unhappy with it?

dougieb
    Free Member

No I’ve not ridden them with the -ve at the level that prevents them sinking. I’ll give that a go. I’ve had them 10 psi lower and they were ok but again sinking into travel when off the bike.

retro83
    Free Member

I’ve noticed the same thing on mine, have they revised the size of the air chambers?

I’ve already done the piston reset, didn’t fix it. Only thing I can think is that there is too much oil in the neg chamber or something.

dougieb
    Free Member

I’m guessing it doesn’t really matter where the balance point is ? Some sort of manual would have been useful. I could try to balance them with less -ve than +ve.

scottalej
    Free Member

It depends if they’re extended or compressed when you screw in the -ve air valve after a service. Think about it. The lower chamber is now sealed.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Revelation RLTi set up issues’ is closed to new replies.