Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Revelation Coil service – wrong seal kit?
  • phinw
    Free Member

Hi,

I have some 08 RS Revelation 426 coils. I got the 850.000 seal kit with the oil seals, wipers and thin yellow foam rings in. Having taken the lowers off I realise that it only has wipers and a thick white foam ring. Can I still use this kit or is there one with just wipers and thick foam rings?

All help gratefully received!

Phin

phinw
    Free Member

I’ve answered my own question. I need the 290.000 kit. Lot of places seem to sell the 850.000 kit as suitable for all 32mm RockShox but that it seems is not true!

phiiiiil

I know nothing about those, but my 07 (I think?) revelations now have a different set of seals to what they came with – I think they swapped some seal arrangements at some point. I think mine were a giant wiper seal and a foam ring, whereas now the wiper seal is smaller and there’s a black oil seal in there. I think…

Might be worth checking before splashing out on another seal kit…

warpcow
    Free Member

Last time I did my Reba it had the the single seal and foam-ring fitted as stock. I got the set like you have with the seperate oil-seal to replace them. It’s been working fine for almost a year now.

phinw
    Free Member

Well, that’s interesting. So maybe this kit does fit.
    Can anyone confirm or deny that the oil seal will fit? There would be room for it, but would it stay put?

allyharp

I serviced my 2008 Coil U-turn 426 recently and had purchased the same 850.000 kit that you had. Once I discovered there were no oil seals in the existing kit I just left them out.

Everything fitted together fine, but they haven’t been ridden much so I can’t vouch for longevity. Is the general concensus that it would be better to fit the oil seal in?

seanodav
    Free Member

As warpcow says just replace whats in with what you now have, thats why the foam is narrower.
    Did the same on some pikes, they now hold the 15ml oil better than they did

phinw
    Free Member

Ah, I thought this might have come up before. Loco provides the answer: Here

seanodav
    Free Member

pop them in the freezer before you put them in then push them in with 32mm socket

phinw
    Free Member

Top tip! Cheers

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Revelation Coil service – wrong seal kit?’ is closed to new replies.