Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Resting Heart rate
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Resting heart rate is when lying down and fully relaxed, having not recently eaten or ridden, and not carrying a cold or some such.

oldgit
    Free Member

Can some of you guys with low rates say what it is under excersise?
    Preferably road. Say 100K 18.5 MPH Average approx 3h 15m mine would be about 152. (min 120 max 170ish) With a 2 mile 53/11 sprint home it will drop to about 105 within a few minutes and 90-105 by the time I have the key in the door!

molgrips
    Free Member

I suppose it's more useful to say what your HR would be whilst say cruising along a road gently enough to chat without pausing for gasps of breath; spinning hard up a long climb; and coughing a lung up something really steep.

The first corresponding to about lactate threshold, the second to aerobic threshold and the last to maximal HR.

hora
    Free Member

I'm overweight and mine is 44-48 and 52 when out and about. I had it down to 40 last week 😯

Notter
    Free Member

I thought the best way to measure resting heart rate was just after waking up in the morning, before you've started your day, then average out over a week or so?

Based on this my resting is 36
    Max is 188
    Cruising along (ie to chat without having to pause to breathe) is somewhere between 60% – 70% of max so anwhere between 112 and 131.

Joxster
    Free Member

I need five espressos to kick start my heart in the morning, I'm old, fat and lazy and my resting HR 33-35. It used to be lower when I was active.

molgrips
    Free Member

So my resting is about 55, absolute max is about 196, max sustainable on a long climb is about 183, and cruising is maybe 140-150.

Tiger6791

Resting heart rate is when lying down and fully relaxed, having not recently eaten or ridden, and not carrying a cold or some such.

Tried this and it was 60-70 so looks like I'm not about to die, everybody can stop worrying about me now, I'm going to be okay.

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Resting Heart rate’ is closed to new replies.