Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Replacing my trusty V12s
  • ericemel
    Free Member

My 8yr old V12 Mags (w/ti axel) are finally in an unserviceable state, so need replacing. I’m happy to go for another pair, but is there anything else I should consider?

ianven
    Free Member

Wellgo mg1 ti pedals on eBay for circa £60.

grantway
    Free Member

I Bought a pair of these from Supersar components £ 43.00p Superstar Components

stevede
    Free Member

Another vote for Superstar Nanos – i have them on both my bikes, one pair bought 2nd hand over a year ago and still running perfectly and the ones i bought new are still as good as the day i bought them. My black pair have lost a bit of the anodising finish but not too bad considering the winters abuse they had, my other pair are the chrome ones so still look good as new.
    When they do give up the ghost they are fully serviceable with all spares available through superstar. There are a few companies knocking them out, Nukeproof sell something remarkably similar for quite a bit more, HT components do the cheapest version if they have stock and Kona do the Wah Wah’s.
    You should find any of the modern crop of thin and wide flat pedal a massive improvement over the old v8/v12 platform.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Wah Wahs have longer pins than the Nanos and have notably more grip.

djflexure

Vaults are the best (IMO)

yunki
    Free Member

another vote for wellgo mg1s.. very light.. loadsa grip and great value..

randomjeremy
    Free Member

dark cycles arachnid, grippiest pedal ever made if that floats your boat.

Kuco

Tried various flat pedals but always ended up back on V12’s.

ericemel
    Free Member

Cheers guys as always. I shall check all these out.

fivespot
    Free Member

Went from mag V12’s to HT components Nano’s (from Ready to Ride Cycles), most noticeable thing apart from being far slimmer, was the comfort compared to V12’s, they’re far more comfy. Wouldn’t go back to V12’s or the similar wellgo’s.

rewski
    Free Member

Vaults do look great, still running V12 and Easton Flatboys, love the podiums but way too pricey.

ahwiles
    Free Member

how about some v8’s?

they’re cheaper, and easier to keep going for longer – becasue of the grease port.

or, if it’s lightness you’re after, have a look at the nukeproof electron.

350grams / £35

ericemel
    Free Member

Vaults ordered – had a great 8 years with my V12’s so hoping for good things with the vaults!

goby

I got a pair of Nano techs and Dmr v12 for sale if you intrested? Just drop me an email. Then i can send you over some pictures.

Leigh

nickhead
    Free Member

Used to like V12s but want a bigger platform these days… love the form and function of the DMR Vaults, but went for a set of Answer Rove’s instead because they do a nice gold to match the rocker on my frame 🙂

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Replacing my trusty V12s’ is closed to new replies.