Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • replacing hydraulic hose juicy
  • dogmatix

Don't know if anyone can help. But have bought a brake who's cable is too short.

Do I have to buy and avid hose kit? Or can you buy a hose with the caliper end connector without buying a full kit? Or even, can I take the end connector of an old hose and put it on a new piece of hose? I'm talking about the caliper end. It seems easy enough to do the lever end. Am on a budget so cheepest way possible would help.

Cheers for any help!

br
    Free Member

I found it cheaper to buy a s/h brake of ebay, than buy a longer cable – plus you'll need an avid bleed kit which comes with the spare 'widgets'.

Is it for a front or a rear? If its the front then I've a too-short-for-me one (wide bars and 36 forks), that may be longer than the one you've got – what length do you need?

TheSwede
    Free Member

Got a cable kit from here. £20 and comes with the crimped on banjo and all the fittings you need.
    http://www.ukbikestore.co.uk/product/138/a150220/avid-juicy-hydraulic-line-kit-aluminium-2000mm-x1.html

dogmatix

hello br I have the bits for the lever end (bought a bleed kit a few years ago as have juicys on my other bike) just not the other end. Its the front I need. Will measure it tomorrow and get back to you if that is cool. How much for the hose your selling?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘replacing hydraulic hose juicy’ is closed to new replies.