• This topic has 14 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by ReallyOlderGit-spam.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Renting cheap office space…any ideas?
  • lodious
    Free Member

I need rent some office space as i’m doing some work which allows me to ‘work from home’. Realistically, with a new baby and two kids, working in the house is not going to be practical, so I need a desk w/broadband connection. Anybody got any ideas on where to start finding this type of thing and how much it would cost per month?

hp_source

Guess it depends on your location (city, town, rural) and the nature of your business.

Small offices in towns and citys in ‘managed suites’ should be easy enough to find, although for an individual may not be that cost effective.

Places like this in Manchester are increasing in popularity Manchester Science Park.

Otherwise if you know anyone else that’s self employed and has a small office, they may be willing to let you bunk up with them for a small fee (every penny helps at the moment). I know a couple of people who share an office for two seperate businesses, and they seem to make it work easy enough.

lesoxdh
    Free Member

A Hotel with free wifi connection?

GrahamS

Funnily enough this is exactly what I do. I work on my own out of a serviced office building in Gateshead, for a company in Fife.

I used to work from home but I found the lack of seperation between home and work quite difficult, and when we had a baby it was clear that I needed somewhere quieter to work! The only drawback is the crushing loneliness 🙁

No idea about costs though as my company pays for it.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Evans EasySpace do exactly what you want and have places all over.

miketually
    Free Member

Most pubs and cafes have free wifi nowadays.

GrahamS

Just google “serviced office space”

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member
    Android
    Free Member

Shed in the garden?

joemarshall
    Free Member

If you wanted something very basic and cheap, looking at places where artists have studios might fit the bill. In London they are pretty expensive, but outside, can sometimes be less so (I’ve known people who have studios for <£100 a month). Bonus is, you can make a real mess / fix bikes in them etc. and no one will give a damn.

Some places are artists only though, but some places are anyone who has money for the room.

Joe

cxi
    Free Member
    lodious
    Free Member

Thanks everyone, once again STW comes to the rescue 😉

br
    Free Member

I did look at converting my garage loft into an office (obviously not telling Planning etc) – only issue I could really see was its inability to maintain a usable temp – either too hot/cold.

MrNutt
    Free Member

bin bag in the garden, works for meeeeee!

singletracksurfer

sh’office (posh shed) in the garden for me.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Renting cheap office space…any ideas?’ is closed to new replies.