Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Renthal stem arrived today!
  • Curly68
    Free Member

Super light, well made and made in England. Goes with the Renthal Fatbars I have as well. Been waiting a while for it to be released.

sambob
    Free Member

i thought renthal were american? :S

Curly68
    Free Member

Nope. They are British but rule the world!

sambob
    Free Member

as all british companies should do 😉

rOcKeTdOg

that's pretty in a only a mother can love it type way, bolt together from the bottom?

rs
    Free Member

are they just trying to be different or does that design offer some advantage?

Curly68
    Free Member

I think they are trying to be different. Two piece design with two bolts on the front and two at the back. Can't get much simpler! Hopefully it will clamp the bars tight enough. They must have done a lot of testing as I saw this last year, and it has only just been released.

neilforrow

So nice, post some pics once you have it on the bike. I will be getting a set soon. Where did you get them from?

Curly68
    Free Member

I will post some pics when its on the bike but that won't be for another couple of weeks probably! It weighs 138gms for the weight watchers out there.
    Ison Distribution have them. If you contact them, they can tell you where you're local stockists are. CRC have them in stock now as well.

mamadirt
    Free Member

Ooooh, very nice. I can feel a similar set up coming on for my Tazer rebuild 😛

Renthal have been making steering type bits for motorbikes since the dawn of time, so I would assume they know what they're doing.

Me like. Shame it isn't available for normal bars though.

kelvin

Lovely. Want.

Curly68
    Free Member

WillTheRealForumPleaseStandUp – Member
    Me like. Shame it isn't available for normal bars though

31.8 is normal, isn't it? On three of my bikes anyway!

Northwind

That is very nice. Complication for its own sake really but if it works and it's light, who cares? Good company, Renthal, they make brilliant mass produced bits but you can still call up and custom order parts, they machined me a motorbike sprocket to a totally custom spec from a blank then ran it through the hard anodising twice to get a different colour, all for barely more than the standard part. Ace.

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

wouldn't mind one of these i gotta say. but have just bought another thomson. bummer.

p.s. what have you done to annoy them on SDH curly?

Rockplough
    Free Member

I read somewhere the design is supposed to enable them to fully machine out the inside of the stem to reduce weight. Doesn't seem to have worked though as it's not particularly light.

slowrider
    Free Member

isnt the thinking behind a two piece stem that you can machine more material out without it costing the earth for ridiculously complicated tooling, as opposed to it looking different?

Curly68
    Free Member

dirtbiker100 – Member
    p.s. what have you done to annoy them on SDH curly?

God knows! Posted about the stem twice and each time got removed then asked in general why was it removed and why did I not recieve an explanation, and that has been removed as well!
    I used to be mechanic and sponsir for their race team when SDH was started by the Franciosy brothers. Then they sold the forum and interests and I went along another path. Seems like they are right up their own asses!

druidh
    Free Member

It's a lovely piece of craftsmanship. We got one into the shop earlier this week and were all cooing over it.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Renthal stem arrived today!’ is closed to new replies.