Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • remove bearing from HTII cups.
  • Gilles

Can I use this:
    bearing tool puller , to remove the bearing inside a HTII cup? Basically I screw the cup on the drive side and use the tool to pull out the bearings? I guess the cap has to be remove first.

Cheers.

timbur
    Free Member

That ain't no puller! Thats a "Twatter." Looks like it'll work mind but not a pretty way to do it. See if the headset cup remover is the same size/tool as it looks exactly like that.
    Tim
    (oh, I've got the Enduro tool for HT11 BB and it's great. Happy to do your cups if you send them to me with new bearings)

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Eh? Can't see how that tool can do anything to a HT II cup.

Gilles

thanks. I saw that Enduro tool on google but didn't get any idea of price or where to buy it except in US. And most part of the date were 2007, so my 2s analysis told me that maybe this tool was not availabe anymore. Where did you get it?

JoeBones
    Free Member

I have the enduro tool, great job

stumpyjon

Not really worth mucking around with the bearings in An HTII cup. If it's Shimano better off just buying a new BB or upgrading the BB to one with serviceable bearings.

freeganbikefascist
    Free Member

no, specifically says it's for internal bottom bracket bearings. HT2 are external.

enduroforkseals.com sell tools, but they're aresingly expensive, not sure of a ghetto solution or if a "V" type puller would be man enough for the job

/edit beaten to the punch … TWICE 😀 Joebones, which enduro tool did you get?

Gilles

To be clear, I'm talking of that Enduro tools:

propre bearing cups puller

timbur
    Free Member

I got the one in the link from Enduro. (your link Giles, not the picture one)

Well worth it as you can swap out bearings assuming you have the "right" HT2 cups. The earlier ones had odd size bearings but the new ones are 61805 2Rs IIRC.

I've put standard eBay 99p jobbies in and they've last OK and SKF ones and they are doing great. Think the SKF ones cost me £22 for a pair but I'm sure you'll get them cheaper now.

Oh, the tools rather satisfying to use as well.

Tim

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘remove bearing from HTII cups.’ is closed to new replies.