Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Refurbished Tents…
  • billybob
    Free Member

Just found the Gelert Store on ebay who offer refurbished tents that are….

*These items are trade show samples,Ex Displays or slightly shop soiled (now reconditioned). No refunds, but if not as described we will send out replacement parts within 7 days of receiving your tent.

Any one had any experience?

GrahamS

bigbloke
    Free Member

i wouldn’t, tents are so cheap and stores are always on sale its not worth the risk for the minor savings in my opinion. Nothing will ruin a weekend quicker than a tent failure.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    gusamc
    Free Member

as above, more tent sales than you can shake a stick at just now

blacks/millets, go outdoors etc etc etc,

Basil

Tents wear out in sunlight. If it is a display model after a few months it will have the equivelent of years worth of use.
    Terra Nova do manufactured seconds which are bargins and they are due their annual sale soon.

HermanShake
    Free Member

I got a Terra Nova Laser for less than half prive from TN as a grade C second/return. It still had the tag on! Ended up selling it for what I paid after using it a few times but wanted something more stable. Now have a Voyager Ultralite.

Gelert aren’t the best brand of outdoor kit. Whenever I try and cut corners on my kit (I climb, mountaineer, paddle etc) I alsways have to buy the “right” thing anyway.

I’d rather buy a second hand reputable tent. Check out UKclimbing.com classifieds for some good kit.

Cougar

Gelert aren’t the best brand of outdoor kit.

Everything I’ve ever bought with a ‘Gelert’ badge on it has leaked. That’s not a feature I want in a tent.

(That said, I own a Hi-Gear tent which is great, and appears to be Gelert in all but name; maybe it’s just the brand rather than the manufacturer).

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Refurbished Tents…’ is closed to new replies.