Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Recommended recovery drinks?
  • ti_pin_man
    Free Member

Am starting to build up the miles each day and am doing a 30 mile commute, so by about day 3 I a’m getting a bit tired so was wondering if I could get recovery drink recommendations for post ride? Am looking at torq and sis rego but only because of cycling ads and not because I understand the science. My basic knowledge us while I build up I need protein for training and increasing muscle power, but beyond that it makes little sense. And yes I do already eat a healthy diet, pretty healthy at least. And I don’t want to add and weight on accidentally as it were by over doing it… So ideas? Best between torq recovery and rego? Any others?

geoffj

simondbarnes

Rego rapid chocolate works well for me. Don’t like any of the torq flavours so haven’t really used it much.

KonaTC

Rego banana flavor

Freeze it the night before and by the time you get to work it will be cold which is my favorite

nickname
    Free Member

I tried some of this stuff.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/for-goodness-shakes-recovery-powder-24x80g/

Tastes good and after a few shakes it’s ready to drink.

I used it for a few months when I started commuting as I got tired, but to be honest I wasn’t all that sure whether it worked or not – other people give it good reviews though, so it can’t be too bad.

currymad
    Free Member

I always find after a healthy session…..in a bike shop, a couple of beers help me recover (and forget how much I’ve just spent) :mrgreen:

rkk01
    Free Member

IPA has lots of complex carbs…

Rorschach
    Free Member

Bigger and more chocolatey

Northwind

Yazoo for me. Chocolate of course, none of your strawberry nonsense.

If I need something portable I use rego, but I think most people reckon it’s disgusting. It’s a bit like drinking poster paints, but to me it’s a bit like medicine- it must be doing me good, there’s no danger I’d be drinking anything that manky looking otherwise.

nicolaisam
    Free Member

Ordinary plain old milk for me.

nosherduke996
    Free Member

Nesquik for me and i have been using it for years

4ndyB
    Free Member

Chocolate Frijj.

Or Yazoo chocolate if no Frijj available

Rorschach
    Free Member

Waves at a puzzled Joe (still saving for a Potts).

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

Waves back.

Sorry should have said that I always feel crap after dairy stuff so won’t be doing the real milk shake thing.

cp

any Frijj. 50-odd pence a bottle in Morrisons. Strangely over a quid in Tesco!

cp

doh.

ronjeremy
    Free Member

Frijj here too, 50p in Asda’s as well

MrSmith
    Free Member

rego banana.
    only use it for road rides over 50 though, it definitely helps recovery.

mudpup
    Free Member

Rego is good but dont attempt to drink it until at least 30 mins after you’ve made it. Thats why people say its a bit gritty – it needs to soak in a bit.
    Top tip – make it up and pop it in the fridge the night before a ride. If you like something less sweet try the vanilla one.

ton

for goodness shake

AWESOME

rp16v
    Free Member

i use power bar recovery and in the morning i can really notice the diffrence as i dont ache as much as i do without it

i do a 30mile round trip a day and try to ride twice a week but as the wether getts better i will up it to 3-4 days take it easy if u can and build up from 1 to 5 over a matter of weeks.

druidh
    Free Member

Rego tastes awful. I mean really, really disgusting. Of the shake powders I’ve tried, the Torq Chocolate Mint seems to be the most palatable.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Holland and Barratt do a chocolatey whey-protein which is ok half water,half semi-skimmed.2 for 1 at the moment aswell.

Blower
    Free Member

beeter with elecrolytes in them if sweated loads.and some nice whey protein.

rewski
    Free Member

moloko

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Recommended recovery drinks?’ is closed to new replies.