Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Recommend me some hip padded undershorts
  • prezet
    Free Member

What are your recommendations for a pair of padded undershorts with hip protection?

Fox Launch Short

661 Bomber Short

Dianese Performance Short

RobHilton
    Free Member

I’ve got the 661 ones; they’re not bad, have saved me a few bruises I reckon. Have landed sat down a couple of times (hard) will no ill effects.

They’re a bit uncomfs for uphill (seated) pedalling, but you probly wouldn’t be doing much of that with them on, I guess.

thepurist

I’ve got a pair of Fox Launches (older design) – they pretty much disappear when riding. Had them for ages but still haven’t taken a proper tumble when wearing them so can’t comment on whether they reduce any bumps/bruises. FWIW I got them over the 661s as the padding seemed to have been designed to fit rather than just stuck on after. Reckon those Dianese look like they’ll offer more protection, but maybe not pedal so well so depends what you’re after.

scruff
    Free Member

661s have standard foam padding, will help stop bumps but wont do much in a proper crash, the ‘chamois’ is very thin material and the mesh does get caught when putting on/takingoff. Good for uplifts in warm climates, dont expect to be comfy for 3 hours pedalling.

bruneep

Got a pair of 661’s that were worn a couple of times, need to check size tho. if you’re wanting a cheap pair to try. say £13 posted?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me some hip padded undershorts’ is closed to new replies.