Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • recommend me an electric hob
  • Yardley_Hastings
    Free Member

my better half appears to have killed our electric hob, although apparently its a complete coincidence that drowning it in water to clean it has led to its demise, almost to the minute…………

Setting that aside, any recommendataions for something that's actually nice to cook on, don't have gas in the kitchen and don't fancy ripping the kitchen up to install it at short notice.

baked beans in the microwave for dinner, need to move quickly!

bigG
    Free Member

I've been using Neff solid plate hobs for years,

Super hot when you want it and can maintain a low rumbling boil for hours if required.

Neff Hob

Never yet had one go wrong, get it in stainless steel and it'll outlive you!

G

blastit
    Free Member

Have a look at induction hobs. Ours boils water quicker than an electric kettle, its very safe as it gives off very little heat off . As soon as you take off the pan you can almost touch the surface making it safe for kids etc. One down side is can eat frying pans .
    Worth a look

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Get gas – if you have gas nearby its surprisingly easy to install

MrNutt
    Free Member

get gas, electric sucks ass.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Get electric.

It's the twenty-first century.

bigG
    Free Member

Get electric, gas runs out, nuclear power stations rule the earth. case closed

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Ive got a Bosch induction hob and prefer it to gas. Easy to clean, very efficient, very controlable. only downside is you need specific pans and quite a large electric supply, ours is 30A.

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

30A is quite small for cooker. That makes it pretty low power/efficient

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Yes, but that's just the hob. Add another 20 for the cooker.

Flaperon

Also second the induction hob – revolutionised our cooking. Recommend any Smeg one.

KT1973
    Free Member

My missus swears by the rampant rabbit

KT1973
    Free Member

oh sorry, you said 'hob'

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘recommend me an electric hob’ is closed to new replies.