Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Recommend me a – Singlespeed
  • monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Morning all. I am after a new singlespeed MTB, complete bike for about £800.00.
    The only one I can find is at Merlin Cyles- A Sanderson Soloist, which looks good.
    However looking around I cant find anywhere else that does something similar, even On-One seem to have stopped doing them. Genesis IO??

Dont really fancy a 29er either. Anywhere I have missed??
    Doesnt have to be steel but I am guessing for my budget I wont get anything else.

Clobber
    Free Member

Have you spoken to Charlie the Bikemonger?

Stoner
    Free Member

all of charlies ones are 29er as far as I can see.

for £800 you could build a really nice one from the classifieds/bling new parts.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ronjeremy
    Free Member

Buy a complete singlespeed? Isn’t there rules against this?

Erm I’ve always built mine and as said above you could make a nice bitsa for £800, I think my last two cost me about £250 each from parts (admittedly I got a bargain kona unit frame for £15) does take a little longer to find the right parts but so much more rewarding

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Hi Chaps, I looked at Bike Monger, but most of his stuff is 29er.
    Hi Ron, I am a bit lazy/short of time/cack handed/etc so I was really after a fully built rig…(hence a need for singlespeed!)

Rickos
    Free Member

http://www.vitusbikes.com/urban/vee-1-2012
    Only £275.

They even do a 650B version so that you can be bang on trend!

EDIT – 😳 The 27 refers to speeds, not wheel size… IGMC

RDL-82
    Free Member

Genesis IO would har to be second hand now unless you can find old stock somewhere, without looking I’m sure they only do Alfine equipped IO’s now.

I’ve had my IO since 2009 and it’s my go to bike (3 others have gone by the way whilst this has stayed), can’t explain it, it’s not got those cool slack angles that people seem to feel they need to ride of a curb these days, but I just find it great.

For £800 though you could build something decent enough, that’s the route I’d be looking.

slimjim78
    Free Member

dude, building a s/s is a peice of pish.

lots of people to advise/help/berate on here.

Andy_Baz

Building a SS is the only way. As everyone has said it’s really not that hard (I’ve done it for instance). You’ll get way more bike for your £800, it’ll have exactly the spec you want and it’ll be your bike.

Also why not a 29er? 29er/SS is a combination that seems to work very well. I’ve had both 26 and 29 and the 29er is by far the better SS. Worth trying before you write them off. Unless you’re five foot nothing in which case you could well be right 8)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a – Singlespeed’ is closed to new replies.

Members Notice New deal added to Members Discounts