Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Recommend me a new TV
  • cjk

Mine's just fallen over, back in its day was very good (it's a 36" Toshiba). Now I'd like a good quality HD flatscreen of around 32" but haven't a clue as to what's good nowadays. I appreciate it's subjective but would like some background info prior to a trip to John Lewis.

Thanks,

CJK

bereavementmonkey
    Free Member

http://www.richersounds.co.uk pay for the 5 year warranty and you are away!!!! And you will probably pay 30% less than at JL.

mossmaned
    Free Member

its very subjective -tried here?
    what hi fi

mossmaned
    Free Member

its very subjective -tried here?
    what hi fi

Pieface

Price match at JL to Richer Sounds as you get the 5 year warranty for free.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Pieface speaks sense.

kimbers

just another excuse to post this advert which i like, but many people dislike

mossmaned
    Free Member

and dont forget the cashback through quidco and a further 5% with AMEX

Bimbler
    Free Member

You want a smaller TV than you already have?

cjk

Thanks guys, I'll check out the links – Bimbler, yes, I have moved on from the big-TV thing…

crazy-legs

Sharp are doing £100 cashback on their TV's at the moment.
    Free 5yr warranty and price match from John Lewis as well – find the lowest high street price, get JL to match it then get £100 back from Sharp as well! 🙂

higgo
    Free Member

I have moved on from the big-TV thing…

That's a shame because I was about to recommend the Panasonic P37X10 that I've had for about 6months now. Superb TV – really good SD and stunning with the Blu-ray.

SammyC
    Free Member

I have a Panasonic 32S10 (basically the 50hz version of the X10) and agree its a beautiful picture and pretty good sound. Its a Which? best buy (as is the X10).

If you can afford the X10 get that (for the 100hz display) but if not I completely recommend the S10.

The thing to look out for is how wide the viewing angle is, I noticed that the Samsungs seemed (to me) to have quite a restricted viewing angle, which is important to me as we have an awkward shaped room.

Sound can often be quite poor too as there isn't much room inside flat panel displays for decent speakers.

But a warning for you, SD Tv looks terrible on flat panel displays compared to CRT Tvs, you get used to it though.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a new TV’ is closed to new replies.