Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Recommend me a merino jersey
  • andygreener

I am on the look out for a new merino top to wear biking and camping throughout the year inc. summer. Looking at the endura baa baas- firstly are they any good or is there better alternatives out there for around the same price?
    Thanks

mightymarmite
    Free Member

Icebreaker … I’ve got t’s and jackets that have lasted years

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

i got the on one merino bundle and very pleased. don’t know what offers they have now.

soma_rich
    Free Member

These guys are great fast postage from NZ too!
    http://www.groundeffect.co.nz/products-MER.htm

fourbanger
    Free Member

mightymarmite, have you tried the icebreaker cycling tops? I have a couple of long sleeve crews and some T’s which are all ace, but not got a specific cycling top. Does it come with pockets?

HeatherBash
    Free Member

Smartwool stuff is good – try Rock Run for deals

flyingfox
    Free Member

Smartwool every day (literally). Love them.

BigJohn
    mightymarmite
    Free Member

As far as I know nothing cycle specific. Have a couple of long sleeve chase’s which while sans pockets are excellent for both the bike and casual days

shotsaway
    Free Member

I’m a huge fan of Endura but in my opinion their baabaa’s don’t come close to Icebreaker. I have not used the cycling specfic range but I have used Icebreaker baselayers for about 7 years. Can’t recommend them highly enough.

Icebreaker do a small range of cycling specific items.

http://www.icebreaker.com/site/catalog/combined.html?type=gt_man

neninja
    Free Member

Got a couple of Icebreaker Mondo Zip 200 long sleeve baselayers I wear as jerseys – superb quality and comfort

7hz
    Free Member

I swear by my Rapha Merino long sleeved base layer, it is comfortable, warm when it needs to be, and cool when it needs to be (roll up the sleeves). Short sleeved version is good as well, but less versatile. Long sleeve works under a Gore windstopper down to freezing temps when there is not too much wind or rain. Get the black one, the cream version stains horribly is you use it off road and get it covered in mud.

DPM

I would try Embers They are local bikers, hikers, canoists based in Derbyshire and have cycling specific merino tops at a great price (sale on at the mo too).

Have a number of their tops and they are great.

rewski
    Free Member

I swear by my Rapha Merino long sleeved base layer

I’s read this first Rapha

Trekster

+1 for Ember^^^^ MrsT has one, excellent next day portage 😆 when we ordered.

Endura baba?

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

On One have theirs on sale at the moment.

anto164
    Free Member

I have half a dosen of Finisterre merino baselayer tops. I like!

fourbanger
    Free Member

OnOne Jerseys fall apart and smell like dog when they get wet. Odd shape too. Icebreaker all the way.

iainc

I have a Howies and 3 Icebreakers. They have all seen a couple of years use. The Howies has stood up the best to many many washes – a bit less tired than the others. Would wholly reccomend either brand. Not tried the Endura one but some mates have it and it doesn’t seem quite up to Icebreaker or Howies, which, if you shop around, you’ll get for same price as the Endura. (the majority of my riding kit is Endura and I really like the brand)

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

My On Ones are fine, worn them lots after getting them in January. Had a couple of Howies which both started getting holes in them. They gave me a refund to be fair to them. General experience of Endura kit over the years means I tend to steer clear of them now.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Yeah I swear by Rapha too – I say “**** heck how much?!” 😆

MisterT

Icebreaker GT series are ace for bikewear imo. I have the high zip neck long sleave 200 weight for winter and 150 weight for summer.

great on the bike and off at any time.
    can’t rate them highly enough.
    (have used Howies in the past… they were ok, but fell apart after 2 years. I have a few Rapha ones too, and they are good. but I’d rate Icebreaker GT as the best value, best made and most robust)

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a merino jersey’ is closed to new replies.