Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Recommend me a Full Face Helmet
  • Entonox
    Free Member

I’m looking to get a full facer – budget around £100.
    Wont be using it that much – week in the Alps, maybe the odd days at a downhilling spot.

Any recommendations or bargains knocking around?

I’ve seen a THE One Carbon discounted from £220 to £120 – any good?
    Is that worth getting over a £90 661 Evolution / Fox Rampage / Giro Remedy?

Cheers

julianwilson
    Free Member

You really ought to try a few on.
    THE One is really really nicely made, as is the 661 evolution in my experience. (btw the evolution has a clip like an xc lid, most others have d-rings like a motorbike helmet if you are fussy about that sort of thing) I’ve never been convinced of the need for carbon over fibreglass given the usual 100% price hike for a given helmet design. Most £100+ fibreglass helmets are pretty light anyway, and i just can’t believe that carbon fibre, glue and the time/skills to work with it makes 100% price difference over hand-laid fibreglass when the inner polystyrene, pads, straps, paintjob/finishing is the same, and the overheads for transport/distribution are too. 😕

If it was me buying a helmet again, and if i knew it would fit well I would see how cheap I could find a ‘normal’ THE One out of that lot. Troy lee d2 is well nice if you can find it for that sort of money too.

edd

To be honest I’m not sure that you need to spend £100, at £59 the 661 Comp II is a bargain. As above try before you buy though.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mobile/MobileModels.aspx?ModelID=57596

stevede
    Free Member

Ditto above, all your suggestions are good ones but the one that fits you is the one to get. I’ve had a couple of fox rampage lids and my current is a giro remedy which suits me fine.

godzilla
    Free Member

Whinstanleys have some good deals on Urge lids.

Entonox
    Free Member

Thanks.

I’ll be defo trying some on. But I’m guessing my LBS won’t stock all manufacturers. And it’s a bit cheeky trying then buying from the net.

slowrider
    Free Member

I ordered 3 off CRC and sent 2 back. Went for a 661 evo in last years colours to save me some cash. Think it was less than £60 in the end.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a Full Face Helmet’ is closed to new replies.