Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Recommend me a commuting laptop rucsac please
  • Marmoset
    Free Member

I’m going to be commuting into work on the bike down here in Perth, WA when the bikes land in a few weeks time. I’m after a smallish rucsac that will take a 15″ laptop (either in it’s own pocket in there or in a neoprene sleeve) if I need to take it around with me. It’ll also need to hold some lunch and a clean shirt/socks every day so I could use something with a bit of room in it that’s not too bulky.

Something that’s got a good venting system over the would also be handy and it’ll have to be able to stand up to a monsoon every now and then, from what I’ve seen of the weather over teh past few weeks

Cheers

Rich

AndyRT
    Free Member

UK firm, called Kriega.

Nuff sed

Marmoset
    Free Member

Any other options out there, what else are people using?

soulboy
    Free Member

I’ve used a Deuter, with an internal compartment for a laptop, for the past three years. It’s comfortable and nothing has broken, particularly zips and other fastenings. It has ‘airstripes’ to cut down sweatiness (up to a point!) and is reasonably water resistant, although I put anything I want to keep dry in plastic bags anyway. Overall, it’s a great product and I can’t envisage the need to ever replace it.

Ishouldbeworking
    Free Member

I also used a deuter, it isn’t laptop or even bike specific but worked ok. I did get a sore back towards the end of the week though, i’m considering starting to commute again and looking at panniers as a much better solution.

It may be raining now but it’s going to get hotter soon and i’ve found rucksacks and hot climates are not a great combination. (i’m also in Perth)

I have a camel back one that has a padded laptop section, cinch straps-lots of pockets -sunglasses pocket-chest straps….. was cheap ,

qwerty
    Free Member

http://www.ortlieb.co.uk/index.php/backpacks/velocity.html

Very waterproof, probably not the best venting.

chrssmale
    Free Member

Been using my NorthFace Bigshot for the last few years. Has done me proud for commuting, around town. Also I work offshore and its protected the lappy well (though thats most probably just cursed me)

jamest
    Free Member

Dakine dispatch, been using for a couple of months, very happy with it so far, more info and review here http://www.adventure-journal.com/2010/12/gear-review-dakine-dispatch-backpack

TiRed

I’m using a Deuter Race EXP. it’s a bit small and won’t hold lunch, but I do squeeze a 15″ laptop inside plus charger, shirt and underwear. Comfy, but I find it heavy and with a broken collarbone, it makes my shoulder sore. Having looked at panniers, I’m moving to an Ortlieb Downtown, which has the advantage that I can use it when I can’t cycle as well.

greggparker9
    Free Member

http://www.crumpler.com/AU/Laptop-Bags.html?LanguageCode=EN

Crumpler is a cool Australian brand that make awesome camera, laptop and commuter bags. Should be able to find them in Perth.

singletracksurfer

pakuma bag here. very good and still going strong.

Marmoset
    Free Member

Thanks all, some more options to investigate. I’m wary of panniers due to my large feet and a desire to perhap ride a few differing bikes in, dependant on weather/what route I want to ride.

rewski
    Free Member

Check out swissgear – fits a 17″ Macbook

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a commuting laptop rucsac please’ is closed to new replies.