Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Recommend an osteopath in London
  • nedrapier

Brilliant timing. Off to Greenland for 3 weeks on Friday and pinged my back this morning. Stretching. In bed.

I can get about, but any loading/twisting sets off very painful spasms. Can’t imagine how painful doing kick turns might be.

I’ve seen an osteopath before and was very impressed indeed. Recurring problem solved and never returned, so that’s where the preferences.

I know there are lots of crossovers with other disciplines, though, so if you know someone who’s really very good with backs, let me know!

Thanks!

The 2chiro/physio/osteo, which is best?” has been done to death a few times already so let’s not bother here, eh? I just want a less painful back. Cheers!

Joe

Gillian Craven at Brixton Therapy Centre is very good. All the Ostepaths there seem to be very good actually and I think they are pretty reasonable.

I think she practices somewhere in north London also. I like osteopathy very much.

Her number is 0790 33 22 573 (I think…although I haven’t been in contact for a couple years…been up norf)

penac

Peter Thresher at the south Westminster osteopathic clinic near Victoria is very good, 020 7963 2626 only there on Tuesdays I think though.

nedrapier

Thanks Joe, Penac. Will give those a try.

Any other recommendations?

resisted
    Free Member

Dependant on whether you might want to travel out of town a bit, I use a Cranial Osteopath in Hitchin, Herts, a guy called David Kellett. He pretty much helped me to walk again after I dislocated my pelvis and smashed my knees in my early teens. He also teaches at the Royal College of Osteopathy so he knows his onions.

nedrapier

Joe, are you related to Gillian?

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Xerxes

is very good.

I have been to a few osteopaths and he is the best I have been to.

A lot of osteopaths just do the manipulation (most from BSO) but some, like Xerxes and those from BSON) give you a deep tissue massage before the manipulation. As things are then loser and warmed up the correction tends to stick more.

So whereas I have returned to other osteopaths as it wasn’t quite fixed, Xerxes tends to nail it first time.

My wife works at a chiro and can have free treatment, but will travel up to London and pay more for Xerxes. It is also far better value than the chiros, who always seem to want you to sign up for a course of treatment.

Plus it is in (or near) Little Britain…

I think you get a discount if you mention you were recommended

hughjayteens
    Free Member

This guy is fantastic and can see you in Mill Hill or Harley Street (if you don’t mind paying more!).

http://www.osteopathy.org/find-an-osteopath/Timothy-John-MillwayCentreforHealth

http://www.harleystreet.com/doctors/directory/?entryid130=242241&p=4

thebaker
    Free Member

As mentioned earlier I have been going to the College of Osteopathy for about a year on and off. Have sorted badly bruised femur head, torn bicep + and have been great. Good price too and all work is overseen my a trained advisor. You are being treated by students well on in their studies for becoming an Osteopath.

Home

At the moment I am pretty sure there is a free first consulatation at the Marylebone Clinic so definitely worth a look in my opinion.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Recommend an osteopath in London’ is closed to new replies.