Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Recomend me some Grippy Flat pedals?
  • Rosss
    Free Member

What does every one use ? It’ll be an upgrade from some v8’s Cheers

5lab

dmr v8s. Doesn’t seem to be much ‘upgrade’ from there (having ridden a bunch of other pedals), just lighter/shinier. you can replace the pins if they’re f*cked

rs
    Free Member

keep the pedals get some 5-10’s

Rosss
    Free Member

Already Ride Shimano mp66 😉

Tom83

I use superstar nanos. Very good for the price. I normally wear shimano am40 trainers, or nike air morgan’s if it’s dry.

Northwind

V8s aren’t all that grippy because of the small, thick platform. Not terrible but most quality pedals will beat them. HT Components nanos are good- available from various stockists under various names, Superstar, Readytoride, CRC branded up as Nukeproof… Nice sized platform, pretty thin, and well priced for an alu one.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

wellgo mg1s

ashfanman
    Free Member

Superstar Nano Techs are a popular choice. A bit of a bigger platform than the V8s and thinner too, which helps (a bit) with pedal strikes if you’ve got a low BB. Pretty reasonably priced, too.

If you want to go all-out bling then the Point One Podiums are really highly rated – light and ridiculously thin, but spendy.

juanking

What Ralph said.

Cheeky-Monkey
    Free Member

Kona wah wahs (although Superstars are almost identical and cheaper, but I’;ve never used them).

Plus a pair of 5.10s and it’s all I feel I need 😎

legend
    Free Member

V8/V12s are narrow and tall by modern standards, Superstar Nanos are a much better choice imo

mikey74
    Free Member

Point One Podiums :mrgreen:

By far and away the best pedal I have ever used.

mboy
    Free Member

Already Ride Shimano mp66

Shimano MP66’s are designed for use with clipless pedals! THEY ARE CRAP with flat pedals… I’ve got a pair, excellent as a comfy, casual clipless shoe, but would be damned near useless on flatties!

V8’s ain’t the best flat pedal out there, but you’d do well to get yourself even just some cheap Vans trainers first, before upgrading the pedals… You don’t need 5/10’s despite what people tell you…

And when it comes to change the pedals, you can’t go wrong with the Superstar Nano/Kona Wah Wah/Nukeproof/Fatties Flatties (there are more guises than that too!)… They are really good, nice and grippy, nice and slim. If you want the ultimate in grip and bombproofness though, Easton’s Flatboys are what you need…

Cheeky-Monkey
    Free Member

You don’t need 5/10’s despite what people tell you…

You’re right, you don’t need them but they are v.good 😎

As for Point Ones – look lurvely etc but OMG, how much? Especially for something that’s likely to get clattered and battered.

mikey74
    Free Member

As for Point Ones – look lurvely etc but OMG, how much? Especially for something that’s likely to get clattered and battered.

To be honest you could say that about a lot of mtb components. However, their thinner profile does mean that you clout them less and in terms of feel they are unparalleled.

I was sceptical at firstm but thought I would get them as an Xmas treat, and so far they have been worth every penny.

The new Spank pedals look nice, but aren’t out yet.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

one bike fitted with MG1s, the other with easton flatboys. riding the same trails with the same shoes the flatboys are FAR grippier and more confidence inspiring. If they werent so expensive I’d get another pair (and may just ditch the MG1s and swap the eastons over).

Superstar/HT is widely regarded as a good grippy, cheap flattie but have yet to try them.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

jeez the eastons must have glue on!! I can barely shift my foot when using mg1s and shimano am40 shoes

DaddyCool
    Free Member

Its gotta be the DMR Vaults! Awesome pedals, awesome grip, awesome colours!

sailor74
    Free Member

Super Star Nano Tech are a good choice if on a budget.

I have some Point One Podium pedals, they are ok but nothing special as far as function goes. I also have a pair of 24 Bicycles Butterfly II pedals which I think are far grippier as well as having a wider platform, and there is only a couple of mm difference in depth.

Northwind

DaddyCool – Member

“Its gotta be the DMR Vaults! Awesome pedals, awesome grip, awesome colours!”

Hilarious price

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Recomend me some Grippy Flat pedals?’ is closed to new replies.