Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Recomend a helmet for a 3-year old
  • ir_bandito
    Free Member

Its my nephew’s 3rd birthday at the weekend. My brother is buying him a bike, and I’m going to get a helmet.

but which one?!

My lad has had a Met Elfo since he was 1, which still has a bit of expansion to go (he’s 3 1/2), but it seems silly to buy one so small for a 3-year old.

lister

Specialized do great kids helmets,both mine have got the, umm…small kids helmet, can’t remember what it’s called but they are good. Sorry!

singletracksurfer

we’ve got giro flumes which look like xc helmets and are good.
    pi$$ pot style would be good but have a shorter life as the sizing isn’t as adjustable.

Harry_the_Spider

My lad has a Trek Vapour Youth one. It fits him well and has proper adult style adustment.

His first one was from ELC and was rubbish.

superfli
    Free Member

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Disney-Childrens-Safety-Cycling-Helmet/dp/B003XEACUI/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1325592276&sr=8-4

The kid loves it, and its well made. A lot tougher than his previous one from Halfrauds.

doris
    Free Member

got one of these for my little boy in the speedy red paintjob, room for expansion not to expensive and looks cool!! 8) which is the main thing 🙂

specialized kids helmet

stevenk4563
    Free Member

Met do a slightly bigger version of the Elfo for 3-5 Yr olds

click

aracer
    Free Member

Anybody got a Giro Flurry? (on sale at a few places) Looking for something to replace the baby one my 2.5yo is currently using which just seems to sit too high on his head.

binners

Another vote for Specialized Small Fry. Great quality helmets. The kind of quality you’d expect if you were buying one for yourself.

Its Ideal for a 3 year old. My 2 (7 and 4) both have them. The 7 year old is getting to the limit now and will need a bigger one soon

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Cheers all.
    LBS ordering a Met Genio for me 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Recomend a helmet for a 3-year old’ is closed to new replies.