Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Reba XX…
  • hairymechanic
    Free Member

…anyone got a pair? Looking for the axle to crown length of a 100mm pair.

cheers

Dougal
    Free Member

They're the same as an 2009-2010 100mm Reba, just with different internals.

speaker2animals

And at Merlin they are actually cheaper than one or two other Reba models. Or they were yesterday. If I was in a position to buy a new fork I think I'd go for these.

Not sure if the Merlin price includes the hydro poplock.

Solo
    Free Member

Merlin have been known to sell grey-import forks.

You may wish to bare this in mind.

S.

poppa
    Free Member

There's a review on Bikeradar.

njee20
    Free Member

The only difference with the Reba XX is the hydaulic lockout, without that, it's just a normal Reba.

The SIDs I bought from Merlin a few weeks ago were definitely OEM, cut steerer (admittedly very long) and a star fangled inserted. They were cheap though!

speaker2animals

That does explain the bizarre pricing at Merlin. Fork prices are all over the place. Cheap models at close to RRP while higher end models at low prices.

Still worth bearing in mind if you are a bit cash starved.

Has anyone ever done a comparison of an OEM fork against an aftermarket version of the same model? I know for example that OEM tyres can be a completely different (cheaper) make up than the same tyre for direct sale. Does this happen with forks?

njee20
    Free Member

OEM parts are often heavier, my SIDs weren't though.

No pump, spare decals etc that come with the pukka ones, plus the obvious issues if you need a really long steerer.

cannondaleking
    Free Member

from what iv'e seen of rock shox all there forks are the same from oem to aftermarket as they tend not to cut corners or let standards slip (as with everything sometimes they have stuff get though the net i know)and i know some reba's went wrong last year and warrenty was slow but over all you cant go wrong with rock shox and that hydro lock out does look cool as 8)

bol

Whilst they do make forks down to a price for manfacturers, they tend to label them differently too. I've bought loads of OEM stuff from Merlin, and yes, I'm pretty sure their stock doesn't come from the official UK distributor, but I've never had issues with warrantee claims. Not sure I'd ever want to spend an extra £300 for a fork pump and some stickers.

mtbmatt
    Free Member

The only difference with the Reba XX is the hydaulic lockout, without that, it's just a normal Reba.

Well not quite true…
    Reba XX has XX motion control,
    Reba Team has Blackbox motion control,
    Reba Race has Motion Control.

I am sure the SID follows the same pattern through the models.

njee20
    Free Member

Well yes alright, the damper is different, the 'end result' being the hydro lockout on the XX.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Reba XX…’ is closed to new replies.