Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Reba RLT Ti or Sid?
  • Kryton57

I was hanging out for a Sid RLT Ti on my new build, but noted the Reba version of the same (100mm) can be had for almost £200 cheaper.

Apart from a weight difference, does anyone know of any other differences? Both seem to have Black Box and dual flow rebound, which is what I’m after….?

trail_rat
    Free Member

what do you weigh would be my first question over what the forks weigh

Kryton57

12 1/4 stone. I’m already a trim (ish) 3-4 times a week rider. The bike is an HT and will be used for general trail duties the odd 50k race. I have a FS for bashing around Wales…

I’m guessing you’re thinking that the structural integrity of the Sid is comprimised by a heavy rider – the Reba being a bit stronger?

trail_rat
    Free Member

not really the integrity but the heavier you are the more you feel the flex , ive had pre new shape sids and didnt notice the flex at 11 stone(racefit) …. im now 12.5 and feel the flex alot more when riding

my rebas(QR) do not feel flexy at all and do exactly as i want them too.

if it was my money and i was specifying my bike again id put lightest rebas i could get on !

Kryton57

Ok cheers. I guess a Reba with Black Box / Dual Flow must be a pretty good fork anyway…

z1ppy

Reba’s are a brilliant fork, unless racing seriously, I wouldn’t consider anything else.

gamo
    Free Member

Are they not the same legs and uppers for 2012(def are for 29ers) just different internals? I have just got a pair of Reba 29 ers and they are really nice forks.

julianwilson
    Free Member

Weight difference isn’t that much really, my sid team and reba team ride pretty much the same as far as I can tell, and you’d get the same or more with a change of tyres or even inner tubes: if it was me I would go for the £200 cheaper version and then use the change to buy some spoofy new rims/tyres/tubeless and save more weight elsewhere on the bike.

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

Good to see people like the Rebas,I’m waiting on delivery on these bargains http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/FORSRERL/rockshox_reba_rl_dual_air_100mm_fork__26_inch

Kryton57

hmmm. I’m looking at 2011 RLT Ti – which don’t seem to exist in the 2012 range.

So that, or the 2012 RLT which doesn’t have BB or dual flow….?

Scamper
    Free Member

Been running Reba RL’s since the autumn and very impressed with them – as a heavier rider went for them over SIDS. Give a very compliant ride and the best compliment i can give them is you don’t feel them working.

nedrapier

possibly hearsay, outdated or both: isn’t a slice of the weight difference down to the amount of oil specced in the SID beng half that in the Reba?

So there’s a service interval/reliability impact to the lower weight as well as the stiffness compromise.

Anyone know enough to corroborate or pooh-pooh this?

Kryton57

Am I right in assuming a 120mm Reba can be internally adjusted to 100mm, if I bought spacers, and the 100mm can be adjusted to 120 by removing inclusive spacers?

djflexure

Just got this with the 15mm axle and its very nice – extra 10% off as well

http://www.merlincycles.co.uk/Bike+Shop/Frame++Forks/Forks++Shocks/Rockshox+Suspension+Forks/2012+Rockshox+Sid+RCT3+-+Crown+Lockout_RS-SID-RCT3.htm

Plus I’m 14st – all muscle though. Run Sids previously without issues.

jim
    Free Member

Am I right in assuming a 120mm Reba can be internally adjusted to 100mm, if I bought spacers

Yes.

, and the 100mm can be adjusted to 120 by removing inclusive spacers?

I don’t think so, no. The internals are different.

z1ppy

Reba’s I believe you can extend or shorten as required (unless things have changed), but 100mm SID cannot be extended (120mm can be shortened)

Kryton57

Reba’s I believe you can extend or shorten as required (unless things have changed), but 100mm SID cannot be extended (120mm can be shortened)

Can anyone else confirm / deny this – I’m about to push the button on a 100 or 120 Sid depending on the answer…? I’d like not to be stuck at 100mm if I don’t like it…

Superficial
    Free Member

hmmm. I’m looking at 2011 RLT Ti – which don’t seem to exist in the 2012 range.

So that, or the 2012 RLT which doesn’t have BB or dual flow….?

RockShox recon their new 2012 “DNA” MoCo is better than the old BB Ti ones. I don’t know if that’s the case, but I think you’re right about the dual flow. In which case the SIDs would perform better I guess.

Kryton57

Superficial – confirmed. The Sid RLT has the MoCo DNA and Dual Flow, so should be a better fork than (or at least and evolution of) the Reba RLT Ti.

I’ve pressed the button on the Sid RLT, which I got for the same price as the Reba in the end courtesy of some CRC vouchers 🙂

Thanks for assistance.

campfreddie
    Free Member

i have 2012 revs rlts which are shimmed down to 120mm (so compare directly with rebas or even sids)… with a 20mm maxle, they are as stiff as a stiff thing and ride great!

chives
    Free Member

I recently serviced my 2011 SID RLT’s (120mm) for the first time, after 1400 miles (including hot dusty weeks in southern france & a gritty ol’ time on the Kielder 100 – no issues at all, so can’t imagine nedrapiers concerns over service intervals would really be an issue.

nosedive
    Free Member

I’m after a set of these, but I really want 20mm maxle, looks like this is discontinued for 2012. Has anyone seen any for sale?

Superficial
    Free Member

They do exist, apparently, but (for Revelations at least) Fishers aren’t importing any 20mm axle versions.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Reba RLT Ti or Sid?’ is closed to new replies.