Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • rear Pro2 10mm through axle upgrade worth it?
  • flowmtbguy
    Free Member

Is there much difference over a regular QR?

mickasaki
    Free Member

Hi, it made no noticable difference to me, but may depend how flexi your frame is! I'm using a DT Swiss axle on mine and it doesn't feel like it go's as tight as a q/r. I personally wouldn't consider upgrading an existing wheel to it, but if your ordering new wheels that can be specced with 10mm and you have a flexi frame it may be worth it. The axle's are a bit pricey though, apart from superstar's ones that they never have in stock!

retro83
    Free Member

there's a cheap one here:
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=39202

I've got the SS one, it's great.

lyons
    Free Member

You mean the bolt up? That's worth it oin my opinion

flowmtbguy
    Free Member

Either the bolt up or the 10mm bolt through with an axel from elsewhere.

It's for my Nomad – fashion dictates that a hard hitting 160mm travel bike should have something better than a road bike style axle to attach the rear wheel… wondered if fashion = function!

I was only wondering as I'm finding my current QR skewer keeps loosening off… so need to replace that… so may "upgrade" to something stiffer…

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Guy,

My new 2010 race bike is a touch retro..

..and has a QR axle as standard. Wasn't noticably flexy, but having ridden 12mm for years I set about getting a custom 10mm axle made up (for peace of mind!).

Its not an expensive upgrade and certainly one less thing to worry about..

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘rear Pro2 10mm through axle upgrade worth it?’ is closed to new replies.