Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Rats – one down, one to go
  • robbo
    Free Member

The rats have been getting high on my gels in the garage and I’ve lost patience and set some traps an hour ago. Two minutes later and I hear it go and crash off the shelf. It had managed to stuff its face with peanut butter in its last moments so not a bad way to go I suppose. Hope the rest of them are that easy.

Any tips out there?

defydude
    Free Member

Any tips out there?

Don’t keep the gels in the garage?

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Do not (and I can’t stress this enough) accidentally set off a big ole rat trap with your finger. Hurts like a @£&#%$

mtb2020
    Free Member

Get a cat or two, they should see off the rats. Or let a friend’s cat scent mark your garage, that might work as well.

project
    Free Member

Think of rats as reincarnated cyclists looking for gells, as opposed to vermin, theyre lovely inteligent creatures, although just like roadies they dont say much.

josh1982
    Free Member

pics?

Cougar

Strange request but here you go.

nmdbase
    Free Member

And you think there will only be two rats, they breed like anything, there is a whole load of them whizzing about on high 5 🙂

Gunz
    Free Member

Talking of traps hurting. I was in a small French pub once which had a display of first world war man traps on the wall, ‘look at these;, I said to the wife as I put my finger in the jaw of one only to find out it was pulled back the tiniest little bit until I did this. Went right through to the bone but at least the landlord gave me a free beer.

CountZero

Tourist trap?

jruk
    Free Member

You can hire my cats – £50 a night, guaranteed to kill any rodents in the vicinity (quite happily do 2/3 each per night). Only down side is that they have a habit of skinning them and leaving the guts at the bottom of the stairs…

robbo
    Free Member

Ha, just got another. Same trap same place. Dumb or what. Sorry josh no pics. I must say I’m finding this strangely satisfying in an mmwahaha kind of way.

slackman99
    Free Member

Tips:

1 brick and 1 jar of peanut butter and 1 air rifle and 1 pack of camo face paint = bye bye rats

flap_jack
    Free Member

bu99ers have been in my loft. Poison everywhere now. Finished a dopy one off with a spade last saturday. Dogs regard me as a hero now !

project
    Free Member

The thing about rats is they breed like a chav family on benefits, they can start breeding about a month after being born, and the female has about 8 per litter,so within a few weeks you can have quite a few,they also breed withing families, so incest is rife.

But i still like them, theyre just in the wrong place for you, perhaps put the gel bars in the house, like most peple do,leave no food for them and they may well move home.

jruk
    Free Member

If you’ve got rats you don’t want then get a couple of rescue cats – the rats will soon be gone.

enfht
    Free Member

There’s a rat in my kitchen

brakes
    Free Member

what are you gonna do?

coolhandluke
    Free Member

We saw these eating stuff that dropped off the bird table in work

so we did this

Marvellous, killing wildlife because you’ve left temptation and it’s annoying you and killing wildlife for fun, all in one thread.

robbo
    Free Member

Another one this morning! I’m running out of bin bags.

Seems they’ve either been breeding or called in reinforcements. Others have suggested BB guns but I think I’d better get an xbox to practice on first as I’ve never even held a gun.

I think I’ve blocked their entry exit point so if they are all now trapped this could go on for some time!

PS I am a vegetarian!

zippykona

Used to have mice at my old house. Set loads of traps and i caught a mouse right on the end of its nose. I bet that chuffing smarted a bit.
    The whole episode was like Christmas for me. I’d set the traps at night and i wouldn’t be able to sleep as i was so excited about how many i would catch.
    Saw a programme about a man ratting at a farm with jack russels. I would pay to do that, it must be a man thing.

mtb2020
    Free Member

Some people keep rats as pets. So you could befriend them, get them vaccinated at the vets, and revel in your new found friends. They can’t be any worse than some of the posters on here.

Also I believe that on the Wright Stuff a while ago, that woman who was the doctor on Tenko, can’t remember her name, Stephanie somebody or other, said that if you wanted to get rid of mice, you should just talk to them, and put food out for them somewhere else. You never know it could work with rats.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

TAFKASTR is on it.

Remove any temptation and they won’t come back, as there’ll be no point, and you won’t have to resort to killing any.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

You’ve probably got Weils Disease already, so they’ve won. Just give up.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

How come looking at a cat wrongly incurs the wrath of the STW ALF, but smashing a rat, seems to be ok?

Stoner
    Free Member

Rats have bad PR advisers.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Because rats are disgusting, disease carrying creatures, who eat their young and piss everywhere?

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

GlitterGary – Member
    Because rats are disgusting, disease carrying creatures, who eat their young and piss every

Well, the eating their young does’t bother me, and cats piss and crap everywhere too. I know some rats carry some diseases which may threaten people, but i thought that was far from universal.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Dragging their dying siblings along whilst simultaneously eating them is a particularly nice trait of rats. Trained cats wee and shite in litter trays. Or whinging neighbours gardens. 8)

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Dragging their dying siblings along whilst simultaneously eating them is a particularly nice trait of rats. Trained cats wee and shite in litter trays. Or whinging neighbours gardens.

That’s fine as well, but then rat haters shluldn’t whinge when someone takes the same attitude to their personal vermin

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

Rats also like eating our wiring, scurrying in the spaces between our floors, and into the cavity of the wall by my bed. They don’t need temptation. Warmth will often do.

Mikeypies
    Free Member

vermin need to be kept as far away from humans as possible

weils disease (leptospirosis) is very nasty and nearly did for me as a teenager

shieldsmtb
    Free Member

get somebody with terrier dog like jack russells , they’ll kill em all

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘Rats – one down, one to go’ is closed to new replies.