Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Ragley mmmbop Custom build
  • strangertothelight
    Free Member

I’m getting a bit of FOMO about building my ragley 🙁
    Need to wait for some more money and for the parts I want to come back in stock!!
    Got any pictures of your build, Woody?

Woody
    Free Member

Later 🙂

I’ve got the forks and ‘top half’ done but can’t make my mind up which bike to strip the wheels and drive-train off to complete it.

Think I’m going to use 1 x 8 and wheels off the full-sus as they are fairly burly and should suit the Mmmbop.

strangertothelight
    Free Member

Sounds good! I too was thinking of putting a beefy wheelset on the mmmbop.
    I have decided most of the components I am going to have, but don’t have a clue about the weels yet.
    So far I have only got the forks, frame (obviously), headset, spacer and bottom bracket.
    At the beginning of Feb when the bars and stem come back in stock, I will get them ordered up and things will start to take shape hopefully!

Woody
    Free Member

Damn, I’ve been out to the garage and there is no simple swap due to 20mm axle 8/9 speed and brake differences. Singlespeed bits and pieces build pics later as I want to get out on it tomorrow.

strangertothelight
    Free Member

Thats a bit annoying Woody 🙁 Looks like you’ll need to get a new chainset and set of wheels then?
    Luckily, it seems that most of the bits on my full sus will fit on my mmmbop.
    Just got some more headset spacers, so just need that stem and handlebars now and I can work out how much of the steerer tube I need to lop off!

racing_ralph
    Free Member

whats the full sus you are swapping from?

Woody
    Free Member

Maverick ML8 with 20mm Nixons, Hayes mounts & 9 speed cassette. I want to use Z1’s which are q/r and IS fitting with a 1 x 8 set-up. Laziness really as I have options on all the parts I need from other bikes but it involves a few swaps rather than just one straightforward like for like + I’m happy with the other bikes the way they are!

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Ragley mmmbop Custom build’ is closed to new replies.