Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • quickest and/or fastest way to Peebles from…
  • Gooner
    Free Member

leeds – east leeds to be exact (we are 5 minutes from junction 45)
    we normally go up A1 to newcastle and then the A696 but wondered if there was a better/quicker route

thanks

CheesybeanZ

Helicopter 😛

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

That might be it from east Leeds. We;ve been up the A1 a few times and I don't think there much in that route or the one that goes past Hamsterley etc. I'm only over in Halifax but the quickest way for me is meant to me M62/M6 all the way and then 45 minutes or so of A roads to Peebles. Either way, its a sh*tter of a place to get to from here!

Spaceman
    Free Member

I did Leeds to Peebles for years as I lived in Leeds, parents in Peebles. The route you state above is the obvious one, although if youre a fast driver then A1, A66, M6/74, A701 from Moffat then B712 across to Peebles can be quicker as there is no traffic after Penrith and you get a lot of slow drivers through the central borders (Jedburgh to Peebles can be very slow). And the A701 is a cracking road with good scenery. Used to use both routes.

andrewh
    Free Member

Drive faster.

Smee
    Free Member

Newcastle – Jedburgh – Gala – Peebles.

Stu_N

I used to do A58-A1-A66-M6-M74-A701-B712-A72 when I lived in Leeds (Roundhay). There's more dual on the A66 now as well. Probably nowt much in it but I thought that was a less annoying drive than A1 through County Durham and then A696 that always felt like it had speed cameras on the only decent overtaking bits (I exaggerate but it was annoying!).

Rikoshea
    Free Member

Garforth to Peebles, I always go A1, A68, off to Melrose then Peebles, freakin cracking road, just watch all the speed cameras just the other side of the Borders.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘quickest and/or fastest way to Peebles from…’ is closed to new replies.