Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Question for Cotic Soul Geeks
  • feenster
    Free Member

I’m looking at a second hand Cotic Soul. Bloke reckons its a 2010 frame, but it does not have removable gear hanger. Could this be possible for a 2010 frame? I thought removable drop hangers were introduced in 2009 when you updated the frame. What distinguishing features can I use to date the frame as pre/post the 2009 update?

Daniel
    Free Member

I’ve a 2010 soul and it has the replacable gear mount. It was one of the very first of the 2010 models.

chiefgrooveguru

I believe the pre-CEN version doesn’t have the small triangular gussets between the head tube and underside of down tube.

stevede
    Free Member

Give Cotic a call, they are very helpful chaps, i know that the new cen certified frames have different dropouts, the old ones were bigger cowled affairs.

huws
    Free Member

my 2008 pre cen has cowled dropouts without a replaceble hanger. I think the toptube went oval in the update too.

cy

If it doesn’t have a replaceable mech hanger, it isn’t a 2009/10 frame, and isn’t the CEN compliant version. It’ll be max 130mm forks, but geometry is the same and it’ll be a touch lighter than the current frame.

brooess
    Free Member

The 2010 frame has added fun squirted into the tubes 🙂

thespecialone
    Free Member

Def not a 2010 frame. Newer frames from the last few years have removable mech hangers

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Question for Cotic Soul Geeks’ is closed to new replies.