Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Quantocks riders attention !New grub wagon on SUNDAYS !!!
  • oldfart

Talking to (penny ? ) at grub wagon at Holford there's a bloke called Darren that is from tomorrow going to be catering in the same place .(just sundays) Can't vouch for the eats but worth a try at least ?Save having to patronise grumpy guts at the Plough and the sniffy sods at combe house .
    Just to repeat don't blame me if it's no good ! 😀

Anna-B
    Free Member

Cos it's STW there has to be opposing views, so I had a nice evening at the Plough where all staff were helpful, and I love going to the Combe House where they're also friendly and the manager was more than happy to let me wander round the cream carpeted downstairs in cycling clothes and bare feet…

…… you're just a……….

(cue Andy and "that photo")

Abx

oldfart

Ab howdy lovely .All nice and rested for tomorrow ?Is it the Bath Half you are doing ?
    To reply to your observations .You were welcome in the Plough simply because it was the evening and you weren't obviously a MTBer .As for Combe House , turn up on a wet day a bit muddy ,if looks could kill !Dunno maybe it's just me .I know if we both turned up and there was only room at the inn for one i know who i'd let in ! 😉
    Ofx

knottie8
    Free Member

I like the combe house when its sunny but a grub wagon on sundays sounds fab. The evening we had in the plough was fine but it does seem mtbers arnt always welcome there. Its different for Anna as being an atractive lady shes welcomed everywhere .

oldfart

HEAR HEAR !!!!Well said that man .I 2nd that 8)

knottie8
    Free Member

hey old timer , I had a cracking walk on Dartmoor today no grub wagon there though . YHM

sharki
    Free Member

I'm not sure if the Plough is now under new tenancy.

I know Les has got another Quantocks pub and was trying to move the Plough on..last week i saw some bloke in the garden who looked like he may of been a newbie, so i'll pop in and see what's new.

Good news about Sunday heart attack meals being available, all we need now is the return of the ice cream wagon at CPG and all will be nearly back it's best.

knottie8
    Free Member

Mmmmm Stella's , still missing that home made sticky ginger cake and coffee.

sharki
    Free Member

I heard from somewhere that she's settled in nicely as planned, but unfortunately i cannot for the hell of me remember where i read it…. and from whom it was from.

judderman
    Free Member

Stella is an absolute leg! the queen is dead long live stella!

Nobody ever mentions the Windmill at WestQuantoxhead. Sundays are a problem as they do roasts only, but otherwise OK.

sharki
    Free Member

The windmill is ok for food, and the descent to get there is great.

However! it's en-route for all the chavy families returning from their holidays at Butlins, that spoils it's perfect location.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Quantocks riders attention !New grub wagon on SUNDAYS !!!’ is closed to new replies.