Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Qs about ragley piglet
  • Telemaster18
    Free Member

Firstly the bike is designed around 120mm forks however, the forks I’m looking to put on it a 140mm revelations. How happily will it run these and will the warranty be void with too much stress on the frame?

Secondly, what is the frame weight of this and the standard pig frame as it’s not clear on the site.

spudnick
    Free Member

not sure about the weight but take a look at the ragley website. why not just buy a blue pig and run that with the 140 revs? im running a blue pig with 140 fox floats and its a cracking bike. plenty stable on downhills and not too shabby on the climbs

nick

Telemaster18
    Free Member

Yeh to be fair, I’m questioning getting a piglet now because of the QC issues and frames snapping. There’s a guy selling a 16″ blue pig somewhere; you think that would be ok for me at 5’10?

Cheers

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

You may want to order a few litres of touch-up paint if you buy a Piglet.

Telemaster18
    Free Member

And something to weld it ha

jambalaya
    Free Member

All the Pig and Piglet owners I contacted when thinking of getting one all were very happy with the bikes. I’ve done some riding (watching! ) with a good group and the Pig climbed fine and did all the DH bits including gap jumps and larger drops which the FS guys did. FWIW I got a BFe with 150/120 forks and am very happy with it.

mmel
    Free Member

Nothing wrong with the new Piglet’s, I’ve been a happy owner for the last 6 months and ride it pretty hard. I run a 120mm reba on the front so can’t comment on how it would behave with 140’s.

It’s well built – you’re not going to have any problems with the frame breaking. The early ones that had cracks develop had the seat tube incorrectly reamed but they were isolated to a certain batch. No problems since as far as I know.

As for whether you want a Pig or a Piglet I’ve never ridden a Pig but I’m guessing it won’t climb quite as well and will build up a little heavier.

If you need any specific info just let me know.

drookitmunter
    Free Member

I just bought a 14″ Piglet. It’s getting a headset popped in just now but I’ll weigh it later.

mutley

tele

i am on frame number 3, the first two were from the “crap seatpost reaming and welding” first issue. the current one has a much better paint finish, much thicker and hasn’t chipped anywhere yet despite my best efforts. the welding looks different too so maybe they are using a different factory? anyway, has been bombproof so far.

get one, they are ace bikes 🙂

Telemaster18
    Free Member

I suppose I am more tempted by the piglet because it’ll be a bit lighter but I have 140mm forks so I was just wondering how it’d behave. I think I’d probably go for the 17″ at 5’10 as the dimensions of that seem closer matched to what I’m looking for. I’d love to have a go of one, I wonder if there’s one to demo near Manchester.

brad93
    Free Member

this guy was selling a 16 inch blu pig on here a little while ago, duno if he sold it or not :s but I think it was about £160 posted or something. But don’t quote me on that :p anyway his name was

triballegs

Telemaster18
    Free Member

Ha yes, I’m in contact with him as we speak! Haha.

brad93
    Free Member

Haha, ah well thought I could contribute and try to help haha :p

mmel
    Free Member

My Piglet is 17 inch, I’m on the edge of Delamere forest if you want to try it out for size 8)

Telemaster18
    Free Member

mmel perfect drop us an email (in prof) and I’d be very grateful, even to just chuck my leg over; you can soon get a feel for the bike. I’m interested in a second hand 16″ blue pig also so it’d be good to compare.

Telemaster18
    Free Member

Oh and cheers for the shout brad!

mmel
    Free Member

For some reason Telemaster, I can’t access your profile.

brad93
    Free Member

No problem 🙂

Telemaster18
    Free Member

Hmmmm its my user @hotmail.com

drookitmunter
    Free Member

Just built mine up. Here she goes oink oink. It’s 14″ and feels perfect for me at 5’6

P1010476 by DavidHodgson, on Flickr

Telemaster18
    Free Member

That is delightful! I’m hoping to try mmel’s 17″ piglet this weekend to get an idea for size.

drookitmunter
    Free Member

Cheers. There are some more photies over here on my Flickr if you’re interested

skogsmulle101
    Free Member

i have an Rockshox Sektor RL 150mm on my Piglet 16″ 2011. works great!

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Qs about ragley piglet’ is closed to new replies.