Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • QR Skewers….
  • bongo136
    Free Member

So which are te best? After a bad experience with my new superstar skewers i have decied i fancy some new one (that actually hold the wheel in firmly) but which to you guys recomend? I am swaying towards hope 😕

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Shimano. I'll recommend them for nothing else but in this they are superb.

Stoner
    Free Member

Cue usual answer: Shimano.

Im interested in why you dont like the SSC ones – were they the hollow steel rod ones?

bongo136
    Free Member

yea i think so. they were the cheaper ones, (not the carbon/ti) they look great dont get me wrong. But the rear one was just not gripping very well they just seem to spindly if you understant what i mean. 😕

Stoner
    Free Member

Odd. Ive always found them very good. Id rather use steel over Ti or Carbon any day, and hollow rather than solid rod makes sense.

If you want utter reliability at a weight then Shimano is still the no brainer though.

bongo136
    Free Member

yea, i have always used shimano, but i fancied something with a bit more bling, hense why i purchased the superstars. But i would like to keep the "bling" factor and go with the gold hopes. i have heard good reviews on them.

ratherbeintobago

Shimano. Having had an external cam one come loose on my road bike, I don't trust them any more, & Shimano ones are all internal cam.

St Sheldon on the subject.

I think this may further drive the move to bolt-through front axles as it's real safety stuff; back one is less critical, but if your front wheel falls out…

Andy

MikeC
    Free Member

I've got some KCNCs, they seem fine and are pretty bling

bongo136
    Free Member

i will have to look them up

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘QR Skewers….’ is closed to new replies.