Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Pushing an RP23 – Experiences please.
  • lowey

Had an RP23 for a few months now and the damper dial has got stuck, so figured I would send it for a service. TF charge 85 anyway, but the PUSH upgrade is only another £50.

I'm pretty happy with the shock as is, but £50 aint a massive amount of money to pay if the upgrade is worth it.

So, any of you guys done it and what were your thoughts.

Cheers all.

yoshimi

I did it on my old Giant Reign – as I'm a fine figure of a man it always seemed to blow through the mid-stroke – wjhen its pushed I think the volume increases by about 30%, certainly seemed to hold up better.

Thinking of getting it done on rthe Yeti as I'm having the same problem

AndyRT
    Free Member

had a vanilla r done on a nomad, and the difference was OH MY GOD!!!!!!!! good.

Well worth it!

RepacK
    Free Member

Not sure its worth doing w an rp23 – most that I have spoken to say the rp23 is good enough in its own right & that its really own worth doing on the more basic models..Meant to add its the new rp23 w boost valve Im talking about.

z1ppy

I've just bought an Push-ed RP23 (only £35 ontop of the RRP), and thought it miles better than the STD one I was using, don't ask me to quantify that though.
    Just seems to not be as on/off as the STD pro-pedal, and I've never been one for switching off the pro-pedal, so that makes it even better for me.
    You have to specify you weight, bike and how you ride to get it tuned specifically for you, so my tune might not be what you want, but that's no reason to write-it off.

All I can say is that the first ride out, it just seemed mile better, unfortunately my fork has been borked since then so haven't managed much further testing.

Will defintiely be upgrading my other bike's RP23 when I get it serviced.

titusrider
    Free Member

just had mine done a couple of weeks ago. My main issue with mine was that i was getting high speed spikes, damping oil not flowing fast enough.

Absolutly fixed the issue i had, now feels super sweet at speed, almost 'flat tyre' kind of smooth. to me it depends if you ride fast enough to notice.
    I went for minimum platform when lockout off and i sort of regret it, should have got them to keep a little bit of platform. I find myself using the lockout a bit more than i used to because it feels plusher.

Im of two minds, if you dont have any idea of what effect you want it might not be worth it. If you can tell there is anything small u want changing then probly worth it. Does that make sense ?
    p.s. great service as always 🙂

grantway
    Free Member

I did not bother I just bought a Manitou IXS 6
    and put the RP23 in the drawer.

chakaping
    Free Member

Had the Float R Pushed on my Trance and was amazed at the improvement in performance.

I'd say it'll be the best upgrade you can get for £50, even on an RP23 (I've owned a non-Pushed one of them too).

thv3
    Free Member

I had it done and it is the best upgrade I have ever done BUT……..

You really need to know what you want. I think if you sent in a standard rp23 and asked for a standard tune I'm not sure how much better it would be.

If you know what you want, and or there is a performance issue you would like to resolve then for me, and my style of riding, the PUSH custom tune gets 10/10 no problem.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Pushing an RP23 – Experiences please.’ is closed to new replies.