Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Puffer Tactics – What are yours?
  • Smee
    Free Member

In our quad, we'll be going for the tried and tested 6hr blast then change over. What's your plans?

Barney_McGrew
    Free Member

Do a lap each then sit about and have a laugh with the occasional lap thrown in now and again for good measure 😀
    I hope I haven't ruined our chances of a win giving our tactics away like that! 😮 😉

mccett
    Free Member

If you're gonna do that i'd recommend going first! When i last did it solo, had to pity the guy in a team of 4 who were doing single laps and he still set off on his first lap in the dark…. not knowing where the worst of the ice was, or where he was going, and that there was a 90 degree bend in the woods after a flat out DH section… 🙂

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Our tactics will be different from yours George, but if we set off on a lap together, I'll let you win this time.

😀

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

As I am soloing my tactic will be to start off slow and get slower. I shall not run at the start, I shall avoid breaking into a sweat or getting out of breath at any point. I fully expect to be lapped before I complete a lap.

However – I shall just plod on in tortoise and hare style. Stopping every lap or two for food and coffee.

Smee
    Free Member

Stuartie – We aint using those tactics. 😀

jojoA1
    Free Member

Tactics? Aren't they the little minty sweeties?…. 😉

cullen-bay
    Free Member

i Keep telling the others in the team theres no point in running at the start! seriously 25 hours and you get people sprinting away at the start… My personal plan is to pace myself all the way through.

MaryHinge
    Free Member

Stay home, warm and dry, nursing my recently surgeried tendon.

coogan
    Free Member

Staying warm in a pub. If I'm gonna be an idiot and do something stupid, I'd rather be drunk and warm.

thomthumb
    Free Member

tactics – our team plan involves driving to scotland and setting up tents, have a beer and discuss bike related stuff once we arrived. 🙂

epicyclo

Most effective tactic is don't stop 🙂

jemima
    Free Member

We've been totally blasé this year and I don't know what I'll be able to get some sleep in yet. Once we get on site and have some form of shelter the tactics will be to just keep moving…

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Puffer Tactics – What are yours?’ is closed to new replies.