• This topic has 38 replies, 28 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by sbob.
Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • PSA National Sausage Week
  • Stupid.is
    Free Member

You all know the drill!

National Sausage Week

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Avoid them because they are full of fat and arseholes?

thestabiliser
    Free Member

I think you will find you mean sphincter, as the hole is exactly that, a hole. Mmmm delicious sphincter.

Murray

Any good veggie ones?

binners

Any good veggie ones?

I think we all know the answer to that 😀

Are you not allowed a week off for such a momentous week?

Shall we all suggest our favourite sausages? Anyone using the word ‘artisan’ will be seeing the Bombers!

IHN

Any good veggie ones?

Get in the sea, you hippy.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

ton

snorker heaven.

hodgynd
    Free Member

I will remind the missus tonight ..usually only birthdays & anniversaries..

km79
    Free Member

Everyday is an anniversary of something.

slowoldman

Good quality sausages from your quality local butcher like mine do not contain arseholes and sphincters.

daniel_owen_uk
    Free Member

Prick with a fork

Murray

Any good veggie ones?

I just wanted something good for bonfire night

trailwagger
    Free Member

Prick with a fork

Brilliant!

IHN

😯 😕

Drac

That’s trail centres you’re thinking of.

One of local butchers always does specials when this is running, we’ve not got a with loads of them in.

binners

Who’s had what, so far then?

We had a bloody lovely Toulouse sausage risotto the other night.

I think far less poncey bangers and mash is on the cards later 😀

senorj

We’re having chicken ones tonight..
    from the local artisan/organic butchers obvs.

budgierider67

In Birmingham, the local Lashfords sausage is king.

z1ppy

Really never understood the enthusiasm for Lashfords, pretty piss poor IMO (along with those highly recommended Debbie & Andrews), I’ll stick to our local butchers thanks. Planning bangers and mash tomorrow night

Pyro

Proper thick Cumberland. Not the supermarket pretend rubbish, the real Woodalls of Waberthwaite shebang. Chuck in buttery mustard mash and some veg of choice. Perfection.

Also have some Westmorland Smokies to get through. Bit sweet for a teatime turnout but ace as a breakfast banger.

johndoh
    Free Member

Best ones I ever had were some gluten free ones a local butcher made for us when my wife was having dietary issues. Basically they were meat and a bit of spice and that’s it, no bulking out with cereal etc.

Unfortunately we had to order a shipping container’s worth (as the butcher had to clean down the machine before he made them etc etc) so by the time we finally ate them all I had gown utterly sick of them.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Wow. I bet you’re a hoot at parties, sucking the joy out of things like you do…..

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

I may succumb to a toad in the hole later this week. My Swedish wife thinks WTAF when she sees them but sod her this is important!

hodgynd
    Free Member

Just a straightforward Tesco Finest chipolata for me (most weeks)..but I have made a special effort in this week’s shopping and got the honey variety to try 😉

bikebouy
    Free Member

As far removed from real meat as one can get, but these are in my buns when I get home.

binners

bikebouy – sometimes nothing else will cut it. I’m very partial to those myself. My BIL used to do a dish called tuna surprise. The surprise was there was no tuna, but loads of herta frankfurters!

I’ve just nipped out and bought some enormous, and rather gorgeous looking pork and black pudding sausages from the local butchers

They’re going in a sausage, bacon and chilli casserole later 😀

If you’ve not tried them, while its sausage week, try Aldi Bratwurst. Always the first thing on any barby shopping list

fifeandy
    Free Member

This thread has made today go rapidly downhill.
    After I saw it, I decided I was going to go to Morrisons for lunch and get one of their cumberland spirals from the hot counter and insert it in a sandwich.
    By the time lunch came around, I was even contemplating having two.

So jumped in the car, and off I went.
    Strolled through the store, selected a loaf (Warburtons toastie), and arrived at the hot counter.
    To find a lifetime supply of chicken drumsticks, and an empty container where the sausages should have been.

Gutted!

z1ppy

bikebouy – sometimes nothing else will cut it. I’m very partial to those myself. My BIL used to do a dish called tuna surprise. The surprise was there was no tuna, but loads of herta frankfurters!

I ain your brother in law, and that my trick! Using a colman’s tuna sauce with proper sausages!

selkirkbear
    Free Member

The Aldi’s ones are the ones I use in Currywurst.

Alphabet

I’ve been thinking about having a go at making my own sausages as the SO keeps banging on about how unhealthy they are (perhaps it’s just the amount I eat) so thought I could use premium ingredients.

Anyone make their own and if so how do I go about making some for myself?

sbob
    Free Member

Sometimes get my bangers from National Pub of the year (2013) and Cambridgeshire Dining Pub of the Year for 2017 (Good Pub Guide), The Cock, Hemingford Grey.
    They make their own bangers.
    I’ve even been there for an after hours sausage party (friends with the executive chef).

http://www.cambscuisine.com/the-cock-hemingford

sbob
    Free Member

Alphabet – Member

Anyone make their own and if so how do I go about making some for myself?

Making sausages is a piece of piss, only hard part is finding someone who will let you use their sausage maker. 🙂

Bunnyhop

We had venison sausages from our local butcher. Using a recipe from Jamie Oliver’s new ‘5 ingredients’ book.
    Sausages, apple, red onion, parsnip, garlic and a splash of red vine vinegar. cauli rice with mint.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Just tan’d a sausage supper wae curry. Magic.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

bruneep

plumber
    Free Member

I do a sausage run to a ‘proper’ butchers in Standon every few weeks.

Beautiful

sbob
    Free Member

plumber – Member

Beautiful

Bootiful?

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TysiGaPIiN0[/video]

😆

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘PSA National Sausage Week’ is closed to new replies.