Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • PSA: Marzocchi top-end forks cheap
  • ferrit
    Free Member

Chaps,

Can’t rate these highly enough – 44 RC3 Ti

Awesome performance, 3-year NO SERVICE warranty, coil plushness, not too heavy.

140mm version here:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=42256

150mm version here:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=54719

Running a set of each of these for years now – been awesome forks.

Go go go!

Rickos
    Free Member

Can these be reduced to 120mm?

Shorty121
    Free Member

They also got the 100mm Sl’s with 50% off

wwaswas

bargin.

I’m quite pleased I don;t currently have a frame I coudl run at 150mm and that there’s no travel adjust on these – it’s saved me some money.

kimbers

damn

anyone wanna buy a well used set of float rlc 130mm, rebound adujster doesnt work? few scartches no stanchion wear 😉

scud
    Free Member

You can’t change the spring weights on these can you? Anyone any experience of these forks for bigger fellas (as in 105kg of beer lover?) If you have to add a lot of air to them are they still as plush as a coil fork.

I currently have some old Coil U-turn Lyriks which i’d like to replace.

freeridenick
    Free Member

no travel adjust lets them down. not that much of a bargain.
    My sektors were 189 in january….I have added a black box damper and dual position coil for the same price…

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

assume they’re 1 1/8th steerer, since they also list the same fork with Tapered in the title?

infidel
    Free Member

for even greater bargains 55 RC3 Ti at Hucknroll in the US (1.5 steerer) for $411 (about 269 pounds) but you need to get them here!

ferrit
    Free Member

Standard 1 1/8 steerer I think.

And be careful – the 3-year warranty isn’t applicable on American purchases…

retro83
    Free Member

Oh god. Somebody please buy these so I don’t have to.

wwaswas

Somebody please buy these so I don’t have to.

Almost worth buying a frame to fit them to 🙂

Drac

Bargain for sure but fortunately now money until the end of the month, hopefully they’ll sold out by then.

infidel
    Free Member

1.5 steerer for the cheap ones, the 1.125 steerer ones are out of stock. Re Warranty – I think you’re right but can find no comment on the US warranty conditions

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

I bought similar bargain 55rc3ti from wiggle last year and have still to fit them…. Never used or wanted travel adjust or lockout so no issues for me, people that have the new marz love them but they still have the stigma of the failures of a few years ago, hence all the unsold old stock

wwaswas

sorry, the travel adjust I referred to was dropping it to 130 or 120 with internal spacers, not ‘on the fly’

I’ve got three sets of 44 MicroTi’s – 2 @120mm and 1 @ 150mm

I think if the Rc3’s could be dropped I’d be tempted.

vinnyeh

Bugger, purple 55 RC3’s are all gone- anyone bought some but now regretting the purchase??

t-p26
    Free Member

Ahem..15mm axle 🙁

defaultslipper
    Free Member

I’ve already received my 44s after buying them at the weekend. 1 1/8 steerer. Was looking around and for the same price as a sektor I got these. Just need to find anew front wheel as the bulb doesnt have a 15mm conversion.

Bargain price, can’t be much if any profit at that price

st

Anyone got any experience of the 44s? Was hoping to get some of the purple 55s to replace my Pikes in an effort to get a stiffer fork, I guess the 44s are going to be no stiffer than Pikes?

sing1etrack

Just ordered the 2011s using today’s 10% voucher – made them £314 which seems to be a bit of a bargain. Might even get another 3% with quidco but won’t hold my breath seeing as I used the voucher at the same time. Pleased I didn’t buy the poverty spec Sektors I’d been contemplating….. Looking forward to getting the 5 year old All Mountains swapped out and giving these a blast! Thanks for the PSA ferrit.

higgo
    Free Member

I’m pretty sure I know the answer to this but could do with the info for certain before they arrive as I may have a quick turnaround (~2hours between getting home from work, opening the box and going out for the ride)…

I assume to set the air-preload I’ll need an adaptor and (ideally) a low pressure shock pump?

Obviously the sensible thing would be to leave the old forks on for one more ride and swap over in a more considered way but I may not be able to help myself if it’s sat there tempting me.

ferrit
    Free Member

higgo – correct.

el_diablo
    Free Member

got mine today, the instruction manual is almost useless. It also lists some service requirements for various fluids and seals to be done by an authorised repairer, also states the warranty is two years and invalid if serviced improperly. I assume not adhering to their guidelines would be classed as improper. Bit miffed really!

Angry-pirate
    Free Member

ive had my 55 rc3ti forks for a few months now and they blew my 36 rc2s away control wise, and weight wise. it didnt take long to dial them in and i feel so comfortable with them now.
    the instructions suplied were much better than the ones that came with my revs. but at the end of the day when you buy forks like these if you lack the know how to use each dial then chances are you wont notice the effects.
    all in all, top forks at a top price at the moment, wish my revs and boxxers felt like them

el_diablo
    Free Member

I’m fine with setting the forks up with no guidance, I’m just confused over the warranty and servicing issue. Many people including the OP, have stated 3 year warranty with no service required, but that’s not what the instruction booklet states.

wwaswas

If you’re worried email the tech guys at Windwave and see what they say?

My 44 Ti’s all have a sticker on them saying they have a 3 year warranty. My understanding is that if they *don’t* have the sticker then they are OEM equipment and may have a different level of cover?

From the Windwave site;

For MY2008 all aftermarket Marzocchi forks come with a 3 year warranty, these forks will have a ‘3 year’ decal on the back of the leg and an extra serial number and barcode on the back of the crown. All OEM forks are unchanged with a 2 year warranty.

[edit] from here http://www.windwave.co.uk/documents/techinfo/marzocchiracetunedsuspensionservices.html

I’ve not looked at the crc site but if it says 3 years then maybe worth contacting crc for clarification?

el_diablo
    Free Member

Excellent, I’ve got the sticker! I’ll email Windwave annoy the servicing intervals. I don’t mind westbound them every 50 hours though, still much better than the Foxs they are replacing.

Cheers for the info wwaswas.

el_diablo
    Free Member

D’oh, just read back my previous post, damn you auto-correct!

Excellent, I’ve got the sticker! I’ll email Windwave about the servicing intervals. I don’t mind servicing them every 50 hours though, still much better than the Foxs they are replacing.

Cheers for the info wwaswas.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Anyone seen any service manuals for them? RS and fox manuals abound, but can’t find anything for the new marz. Regular oil changes should keep them going forever (1999 Z3s still going strong!)

wwaswas

mtbr has threads about it but I’ve not seen a huge amount of ‘official’ stuff around.

I had some 44 Micro Ti’s apart to chaneg the travel and they’re pretty simple if you don’t try and take the TST cartridge apart.

evillittlegoat
    Free Member

My 44 Tis just turned up this morning, 3 year warranty sticker on the back. No manual/documentation of any sort in there though, just the fork and a black adaptor thingy. Wee bit of oil on the stanchions after a couple of pumps, assume thats normal?

jools182
    Free Member

phew looks like they have sold out of the 150mm

thats saved me some cash

el_diablo
    Free Member

Goat – I got the manual, adaptor and two sheets of stickers in my box with my forks?!

Oil on the stancions went after a few pumps too.

evillittlegoat
    Free Member

Cheers Diablo. Ive read the manual online and it seems pretty pointless but I want my stickers! Does the adaptor allow the use of a normal shock pump?

seanodav
    Free Member

Adaptors needed for low volume pump as well, you should have got one of those..

Edit: just read your post and you got one 😀
    You can use normal pump but its not very accurate at low pressure

evillittlegoat
    Free Member

Should there have been a pump supplied with the fork seanodav?

seanodav
    Free Member

Not sure about that sorry, would thibk you should if they’re not oem but not certain on that

al2000

You don’t get a pump with non-OEM (aftermarket) forks.

snakebite
    Free Member

there wasnt a pump in my 55RC3 Evos either, bought from the distributor and all boxed up proper. I already have half a dozen rockshox/Bonty fox pumps so no real issue

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Marzocchi top-end forks cheap’ is closed to new replies.