Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • PSA – Inner Tubes
  • nickdavies

Evans Cylces also doing specialized inner tubes 1/2 price – can’t grumble for £2.50 a tube.

Code 50TUBE at basket.

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

Cheers for CRC tip.

leebaxter
    Free Member

please do not buy crc tubes. Read the reviews before pulling the trigger.

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

Eh?

dawson

the first page of reviews seem to be great then you get to the second page and it looks like they are rubbish

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Reviews.aspx?ModelID=41990&Page=2

which is a shame as I was going to get some!

RobHilton
    Free Member

I’ve used those ones from CRC before; maybe a little thin (but not silly) and don’t remember them popping any more than any others.

Alejandro
    Free Member

I’ve used these tubes for years without problems – extremely durable though not very light (but what does it matter if you’re paying £1.80 for them!?) The negative reviews I believe are written by imbeciles who do not know what they are doing – there is one which goes “I put only 65psi of air into it and it blew up” – I wouldn’t really trust someone who attempts to inflate an MTB tube to 65psi to give a decent opinion.

shaggy

Again, I’ve been using these for ages. No problems here. Nice catch phrase as well.

leebaxter
    Free Member

MMMM. must be just me then. Bought 10 of the buggers and they just split after inflating them. 🙁

MarkyG82

Asda have cheap tube too. 1.60 0r there abouts. and you dont have to buy a pile. Quality is ok. Using in ghetto tubeless so cant really tell.

scaredypants

Thin ?!

I seem to remember them weighing more than my tyres, back in the day*

(*course, the real PSA is that you don’t need tubes any more 😉 )

RobHilton
    Free Member

Thin ?!

Maybe not – was relying on my unreliable memory.
    I always buy whatever’s a decent bulk price and I defnly had some once that were a bit suspiciously un-thick. None have ever stood out as being more puncturable than others.

Except Nokian DH tubes! Bags of shite and uber-uber heavy!
    Bought 4 & got through 3 of them in a week. Strangely I discovered I was still using one of them recently without realising – it’s been going for at least 5 years now!

Still wouldn’t recommend them though.

winrya
    Free Member

I bought 3 and needed them doing snowdon last year. They were awful, first one I put in was flat again within 6 seconds, no joke, the impact of one rock pinched it. Popped another in and the same happened after 30 more seconds. Didnt risk another so used a mates specialized Tube which got me to the bottom. The final one was quickly placed in the bin!

retro83
    Free Member

argh wtf. I bought these having only seen the multi-pack which had no reviews. Mother hubbard.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘PSA – Inner Tubes’ is closed to new replies.