Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • PSA. Dare2b summer sale.
  • Bregante

I recall quite a few on here bought stuff in the last sale at the start of the year. Seems to be some big reductions this time round too.

http://www.dare2b.com/buy/sale/summer-sale/?DisplayProductList=true

peteimpreza

And 6% via Topcashback as well.

Special_ized_Jamie

Ta couple a drawer fillers ordered!

user-removed
    Free Member

Cheers man – that’s this year’s wicking T-shirt supply sorted 🙂

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

Yeah, nice one. Two pairs of shorts, jacket and soft-shell thing sorted.

TheFopster
    Free Member

Thanks OP. just got some shorts.
    🙂

toxicsoks
    Free Member

Good call. That’s another parcel of stuff to explain to the missus. 😉

TheFopster
    Free Member

Weill I got my shorts. I ordered a “L” as according to their size chart that’s a 34″ waist. Imagine my surprise when a mahoosive pair of shorts arrived, clearly labeled 36″.

No problem I thought – I’ll email them and ask for an exchange. It must be a mistake. But no – apparaently the size chart is “just an average” and these are just fine and dandy. Apart from the fact that if I try and wear them they will fall down…

I have emailed one last time so let’s see if there is any semblance of customer care at work here. If you are thinking of ordering, I’d ring up and ask them about the sizing as the website is clearly bugger all use and if they make a mistake they expect you to pay for it! Shame, as the shorts look OK.

headfirst
    Free Member

Regarding their customer service the following email exchange between myself and them speaks for itself (you need to start from the bottom email and work your way up). Note the order was returned through Collect+ the day after I received it, costing me £3.50, and that I had bought from them a number of times before. Oh and despite their last email I got a summer sale email yesterday.

Dear Chris

Thank you for your recent email.

I am happy to confirm that we have now removed you from our mailing list as requested.

You will receive no further correspondence from us and if we can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind Regards

Ann-Marie
    Dare2b Customer Services Team
    Tel: 0844 811 2939

———————————————-

On 11 May 2012 16:57, chrispeartree@…mail wrote:

That’s a shame. Please unsubscribe me from your marketing email list as I will not be purchasing from you again.

Chris Peartree

Sent from my HTC

—– Reply message —–
    Date: Fri, May 11, 2012 3:47 pm
    Subject: Your Refund Enquiry
    To: “Chris Peartree” <chrispeartree@…mail.com>

Dear Chris,

Thank you for your recent email.

I regret to inform you that you will not be receiving a refund of the
    postage for your returned order as you did not notify us within the 7 day
    cancellation period via written communication of your intent to return the
    full order for a refund. I understand this may cause you
    some disappointment and for that I apologise.

If we can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us
    again.

Kind Regards

Leigh

Dare2b Customer Services Team
    Tel: *0844 811 2939*
    Replying to this email-
    To help us help you as efficiently and swiftly as possible:
    It is helpful if you can attach a history of previous email
    correspondence.
    Please put RESPONSE in the subject field.

On 11 May 2012 10:24, Chris Peartree <chrispeartree@…mail.com> wrote:

With regards to the order below which I have returned, I see that you have now refunded me for all three items but not the delivery charge. On your returns form it stated that if all of an order was returned then the delivery charge would be refunded, so please will you refund me the £4.95 delivery charge.

Thank you,

Chris Peartree
    >

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

is their summer kit as cr*p as their winter kit? A lot of people bought stuff in the winter PSA, a lot of people were underwhelmed and a lot of stuff fell apart and/or got returned sharpish. And we were met with similar “ambivalent” customer service. The Superstar of the clothing field.

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

My stuff that arrived yesterday is great. I reckon one of the problems they have is that online you can’t tell which of their jackets are ultra lightweight pac in pocket things and which are padded winter jackets or anywhere in between.

My shorts are too big too though, so they’re going back.

Squirrel

Same problem with sizing and non-refund of return postage here. I ordered some “medium” shorts for my 31″ waist coz that’s what I always do. They arrived as a 34″, which in my book is large. I sent them back with a polite explanatory note requesting refund of the £3.50 return postage but didn’t even get a reply. Never again.

thepodge
    Free Member

Looks like my shorts are going to be too big too then. Bugger

bigbloke
    Free Member

Ok going to order some tops n shorts, what shorts are the ones that are sizing larger than stated and how do the tops fit, above size or tighter/. cheers.

hexhamstu
    Free Member

I bought a ‘nimble’ jacket. Seems pretty decent to me. Glad I don’t have to send it back sounds like a mare.

rj2dj
    Free Member

Just to add some balance, I too ordered Large shorts (having checked their size guide) and found 36″ printed in them when they arrived, rather than 34″.

Took a quick call and a couple of emails, but they agreed to foot the bill for me to return the item and refunded the item cost. I then had to place a new order (with a code they gave me for free P&P) for a medium size. Bit of hassle, but couldn’t complain, and the shorts seem decent enough for what I paid.

user-removed
    Free Member

My half dozen T shirts arrived yesterday and look perfect for Summer riding – very lightweight. I’m sure they’ll absolutely reek after a few hours wear, but that’s what cheap wicking stuff does 🙂

Man but the green is very GREEN.

Squirrel

Bigbloke, it was the Buckeroo shorts that were a 34″ “medium”.

bigbloke
    Free Member

Cheers, i am 36″ waist so ordered L (34) which are coming out at 36″ though apparently. Got a couple of tops too , thought postage was a tad pricey at £4.95 but £31.95 all in for 2 tops and padded shorts seems a bargain for summer kit.

What are the padded inner shorts like?

continuity
    Free Member

If you stick in D2BXZ20

you get 20% off as well.

continuity
    Free Member

Just ordered a softshell, a rain coat, a pair of bike shorts, a few t-shirts, leg baselayer and a pair of their best ski sallopettes all for £80.

If I don’t like anything, I am quite able to get my 3.50 back! If you start quoting the SGA or even basic contract law most sellers back down pretty quick.

pitcherpro
    Free Member

I went for a softshell for the fab price of £15, its really good and perfect fit for riding too .

continuity
    Free Member

Will be reporting back when it all gets here obv.

johnnystorm

Shorts, fleece and a couple of tops on the way, Quidco and 20% off worked too. Cheers for the various heads up. 😆

thepodge
    Free Member

My shorts turned up. Ordered XL / 36″, received XL / 38″

Email sent regarding full refund including postage costs.

Fingers corssed

continuity
    Free Member

Stuff all arrived.

Softshell is good but a weird cut. Raincoats feel cheap. Shorts came, were “ok” but the wrong size (small came up as 34+).

All in all; would not buy again.

johnnystorm

Email to say that they’ve sold out of the half zip fleeces I ordered. 🙁

thepodge
    Free Member

I noticed from their PayPal account that it’s the same company as budget walking clothes brand Regatta.

Anyway, they apologised about the shorts and sent me a freepost label, I’m now expecting a full refund.

I also probably wouldn’t buy from them again

bigbloke
    Free Member

I was not impressed by the fit or material so its all gone back.

loum
    Free Member

true podge
    regatta, craghoppers, d2b are the same company

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

I wouldn’t buy the shorts, even the smalls are too big for me! But for £15 I’ll probably find a belt for them rather than send them back as you can’t buy shorts for £15 anywhere else and I don’t like spending money on stuff I’m just going to trash. The jacket and fleece-jacket thing I bought are both great though.

carlphillips
    Free Member

soft shell 2x t shirts and a beanie all for £30..happy days… it arrived today and is excellent quality..dunno what the problem is for most of you whinging lot! 😉

continuity
    Free Member

I was considering just belting the shorts, but then they aren’t superb to begin with and half of the seams were barely sewn together, AND the liner strangles your quads if you have non-girly-legs. A good pair of Troy Lee e.t.c shorts will last you donkeys years.

johnnystorm

The parcel arrived just after my post above!

Wore the shorts this evening, they are a “big” 34″ (the outer short) but the liner is OK and fits as a 34″. As per cheaper legwear the pockets aren’t big enough but for £15 I’m happy. The T-shirt & Cycle jersey are perfectly fine for £4.50 and £7 respectively. I’m with Carl Phillips, the stuff really isn’t bad at all, for the miniscule prices its a bargain!

Thanks to the OP for the heads up. 🙂

Bregante

I never actually bought anything myself. Don’t need anything! 🙂

p7rich
    Free Member

Anyone tried the “Wanderer” shorts??

peteimpreza

Any new discount codes?

The one posted earlier has stopped working.

continuity
    Free Member

Having had second thoughts; I’m returning all of it save a few wicking tshirts and a pair of thermal longjohns.

Even at £20 a softshell, it’s not “worth” the exaggerated RRP they sell it for. The fit is so ludicrously uncomfortable, the seams inside rub.

Honestly we are sending this shit back at like 18% rrp, I would not touch their new stuff with a barge-pole.

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘PSA. Dare2b summer sale.’ is closed to new replies.