Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)
  • PSA – Bargin wooly hat from howies? ;-p
  • foxyrider
    Free Member

Shepherd Hat

£55.00 😉 What great value for money 😉

Yes I know we go here often but couldn’t resist 🙂

nickc

knitted by some grannies apparently… I remember sending them an email with a jumping shark in it. I don’t get sent their catalogues any more.

WhatafackinLiberty
    Free Member

£55 FFS, what a load of tat!

No doubt knitted with dwarf atric sheep wool by a albino Inuit virgin whilst sitting on the lap of a homophobic gay polar bear.

P1SHH! 🙁

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

LOL! I just spotted that too!

I’d never pay more than a tenner for a beanie.

Howies do some good kit but they have utterly comical prices for some stuff.

A near £200 hoodie anyone?!

carbon337
    Free Member

laugh at them and laugh at the idjits who buy their stuff.

warton
    Free Member

ASDA £1 Beanie does me just fine

carbon337
    Free Member

mbuk are doing a free one (well £4.20 but you get 2 mins of free entertainment as you whizz through the crappy content)

soma_rich
    Free Member

Still got my on fire Beanie that was linked on here for a £1. Bargain 🙂
    Wouldn’t pay £55 for a coat let alone a hat!

chakaping
    Free Member

We might mock, but I bet lots of real shepherds will be “flocking” to buy them.

Woody
    Free Member

You will also need the scarf @ £50 to complete the ‘more money than sense’ look.

dazzlingboy

I have a load of Howies gear – got really into it maybe 6/7 years ago but last purchase was maybe 3 years ago. The prices now are ridiculous for sure. Good kit – I still have many pairs of trousers and shorts and jackets – but I’ll not be rushing to get any more. Quite disappointed actually as they were quite cool – I really liked their gear.

traildog
    Free Member

Yeah, I used to really like their stuff. An example is a hoodie from them which has lasted years and years. It’s the thickest, nicest cotton of anything I’ve ever had and I wear it loads. But the quality really went downhill at one point, and then they got bought by Timberland and the prices went up and up. They’re now competing with more designer fashion brands but without the high fashion looks.

dazzlingboy

If Howies has gone from niche (we like niche here don’t we?) skate/bike inspired gear to w@nk designer gear aimed at the kind of people who buy jack Wills, then who are the new Howies?

soma_rich
    Free Member

Alpkit could fill that niche I think. Their stuff is awesome.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Don’t get me wrong I do buy Howies stuff when I have a 20% off voucher on sale stuff bringing it down to “normal” prices as it does wash and fit nicely 🙂 i.e. got some T’s – was £30 down to £10 etc etc..

ocrider

I hear ya, Foxy! Can’t wait until that beanie is down to £40
    Got my eye on the Byrne Xmas jumper in the collection too.

dazzlingboy

Fookin hell – Howies Epic rider trousers – £120. Alpkit Epic jeans – appear to be exactly the same – £30!

Foxy – you’re right – my wife does this too and hasn’t paid full price in years but seems that most of what they discount is some of the wackier jumpers or jeans down from £145 to “only” £100!

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Tend to buy Howies kit on sale only (unless something really nice comes up) but do buy regularly from them.

I do like most of it a lot – they do brilliant jeans and shirts. Wouldn’t ever get the silly priced stuff like the £400 coats and the £200 messenger bags!

Did get the Towpath trousers (non sale) made of near waterproof epic cotton -they are good uns.

Have had a few buttons ping off their shorts (all sale items) – none were too tight, just badly sewn on.

foxyrider
    Free Member

LOL – yeh you have to get in early in the sale, be a very odd size or have a wacky taste in clothes 🙂

djglover
    Free Member

I like that hat, I already have a howies beanie though that I got in Brick lane for a tenner.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

I got a howies wool beanie in a sale. Made me look like an ice cream. Washed on wool wash and it turned into a beanie for a pixie. I no longer have to look like a 5’10” cornetto.

whytetrash

Ummm I’ve got one of those! and its an ace post ride hat, most beanies make my big head look daft but this looks ok and is toastie!….it was spot prize at the Dyfi though and there is no way I’d ever pay that for it! T shirts are ok too but again only at sale or TK Maxx prices!

Howies stuff seems to have gone a bit wrong lately, either Fat face styled or Rapha priced!

martinh
    Free Member

Oh, its the annual Howies aint what it used to be thread

enduro-aid
    Free Member

£45 quid for a pair of unddies!!!! **** hell

first time ive heard of this company and dont think i will ever be buying off them!!

binners

I suspect this might be the beanie of choice around certain bars in Shoreditch. The ones with the conspicuously garish Fixies locked up outside.

I’ve actually got tons of Howies stuff. Its quality gear.But apart from the t-shirts, all of it has been in the Sales. The full pries are comical!

Here’s how Brand retail works though. Pay attention at the back. Give it a month and they’ll be twenty quid with “SALE!’ splashed all over an email. And loads of people will click on the link and buy them. Howies will still turn a decent profit on that. The punters will think they’ve got a bargain. Everyone’s happy*. Nobody died**

*apart from the Ben Shepherd possibly. Has he been paid to endorse this product?

** Apart from possibly the rare creature this most delicate and magical of wool came from. It probably froze to death

finbar
    Free Member

Oh, its the annualweekly Howies aint what it used to be thread

Corrected that for you.

It’s because Howies used to be so wonderful though. It’s like catching up with one of your best mates from school after a few years, only to realise they’ve become a materialistic coke fiend yuppie with whom you have nothing in common anymore.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Aye finbar. Happened to TNF and many others before them though.

ronjeremy
    Free Member

soma_rich – Member
    Alpkit could fill that niche I think. Their stuff is awesome.

+1 to that, just waiting for the proper cold weather so I can put my Filo to good use, I have several of their products (headtorch/airic/random clothes) and am yet to be disappointed, quality is excellent and customer service is superb

richmtb

I didn’t realise they had been bought by Timberland.

Explains a lot, haven’t bought anything from them for about 3 years

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

I didn’t realise they had been bought by Timberland.

Where have you been for the last two years (ish)?!

Everyone knows that!

soma_rich
    Free Member

ron jeremy they certainly seem to get everything right at a reasonable cost. I love their stuff and hope the can keep expanding the range.

foxyrider
    Free Member

@ martinh

Yes I know we go here often but couldn’t resist

😉

binners

Oh, its the annualweekly Howies aint what it used to be I’m more niche than you thread

There. Thats sorted properly now

DezB
    Free Member

I’m sure I posted about their ridiculously priced undie pants a few years ago and got shouted down! “They are great quality” “they keep your tiny winkle warm” etc…

45 quid, I ask ya.

O
    Free Member

Alpkit stuff is really good, but it’s hardly cool is it? Don’t think they’ll be replacing Howies.

DezB
    Free Member

Laughing at this! £90 to look a complete twonk

soma_rich
    Free Member

but it’s hardly cool is it

Is Howies cool then?

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Is any brand cool?

O
    Free Member

God no, Howies isn’t cool. But it’s come from a skating background, so still has a bit.

Alpkit is a camping/outdoor brand, not really a clothes brand.

Not better just different.

Is any brand cool?

Yeah I think some are. Usually whichever ones you don’t buy Surf Mat 😉

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

Howies have got beyond my means sadly- jsut too pricey for what you get these days.

I like this lot-

Home

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘PSA – Bargin wooly hat from howies? ;-p’ is closed to new replies.