Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • PSA – 50% off Schwalbe Tyres @ Planet X
  • 100mphplus
    Free Member

Even the pre-order 2011 tyres are 50% off too 8)

kevin1911

It’s a bit of a minefield with all the different types and versions of the same tyre. I had Nobby Nics last year, and loved the lightness and grip, but they were about as sturdy as tracing paper. No idea which of the other versions are any tougher, if any…

wwaswas

what kevin said.

I might throw a dart at the monitor later and buy whichever ones it lands on.

psychle
    Free Member

Hmmm…. quite liking my current Fat Alberts, so a good chance to pick up another set cheapo like, wonder if the ‘Double Defence’ is worth it if you’re running tubeless?

pixelmix
    Free Member

Hmm, I had the Double Defense version of the Nobby Nic up front, and the same in a Racing Ralph out back last year. I was happy enough with them, so thinking of getting another pair this year. I run them tubeless with a stans strip, so figured the Double Defense would give some extra protection and be easier to seal.

Do people reckon the DD is worth it? I’m happy to live with an extra 80g at each wheel if it saves me just one puncture or sidewall tear.

Edit – psychle posted that whilst I was typing.

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

No decent 29er options…… boooo!!!

kevin1911

I was just having a flick through the 2011 Schwalbe brochure and concluded that the Fat Albert was probably the best bet, but I think I’ll just hold off until my tyres need replacing and get some Maxxis.

The 50% off makes it seem like a really good deal, but I’m not sure it’s that great when you can get the likes of Maxxis tyres for about £20.

bigjim

Yeah I was tempted but given the stories of schwalbe tyres on here and the fact that even at half price they are the same price as other quality tyres, i think I’ll pass. No point in having a good superlight tyre if it punctures and tears when it sees rock.

jfeb
    Free Member

No decent 29er options…… boooo!!!

Racing Ralphs in 29er size. Great tyre.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘PSA – 50% off Schwalbe Tyres @ Planet X’ is closed to new replies.