When is it ok to build new developments all over National Park designated land or an AONB sites or the green belt?
1. When the developer has contributed large sums to the ruling party in government.
2. When the developer is a mason.
3. When the development is for "SUSTAINABLE INDUSTRY", because that is totally different from an INDUSTRIAL DEVELOPMENT.
4. When the development is for "AFFORDABLE HOUSING", because that is totally different from a HOUSING ESTATE DEVELOPMENT.
5. When the country is totally knackered and the only option is to rape what little natural wonders we have left in order to save the bankers and moneypeople from being made to pay for their own mess.
6. All five of the above.
7. None of the above (I put that there because I always moan it isn't an option on ballot papers etc when I think it should be)
Seriously.........I get AFFORDABLE, that's because they've sold off all the council houses, BUT WTF is SUSTAINABLE when it's at home?
Also seriously......Did you know that the Lake Disrict National Park Authority has a department actively identifying numerous sites all over the National Park to earmark them for development. This is the body set up to protect the park from development. Not good boys and girls.
What's happening in AONBs, GREEN BELT and NATIONAL PARKS near you?