Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 108 total)
  • Predictions for the coming football season..?
  • loddrik
    Free Member

I reckon we are gonna struggle to finish 6th and the same two teams to be fighting it out for the league again. Chelsea will be strong initially but will fall away badly in the final third.

Rodgers to be under pressure by Christmas (though I really hope I’m wrong)

voodoo_chile

I think you are spot on there

timc
    Free Member

1/2 Man City or Man Utd
    3 Chelsea
    4 Arsenal
    5 Spurs
    6 Liverpool / Everton / Newcastle / Dark Horse

Heard some nonsense from Everton fans already, Everton will finish above Spurs & Liverpool & Man Utd 4th from one… dear me

timc
    Free Member

LFC Start to the season is tough, could be under pressure before Christmas, hope not!

first 3 home games Man City, Arsenal, Man Utd

aracer
    Free Member

Lots of people getting all worked up about sport rather than just enjoying it.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

After watching the Olympics, doubt I’ll watch football again.

kennyp
    Free Member

I predict yobs, diving cheats and overpaid cry-babies.

aracer
    Free Member

I predict yobs, diving cheats and overpaid cry-babies.

I was trying to be polite, but that too.

timc
    Free Member

kennyp – Member
    I predict yobs,

Thats me

kennyp – Member
    diving cheats

been a few of them in olympic history

kennyp – Member
    overpaid cry-babies.

average stw’er

bore off ya wool

Tom-B
    Free Member

there’ll surely be racism, sexism and homophobia too.

Is it just me, or when compared to the standard of other sports, is top level football pretty average? I don’t watch much, but when I do, I’m amazed at how inept at shooting most of the players are!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I predict lots of footie threads where:

1. Let’s start a football thread.
    2. A bit of banter starts.
    3. A football hater wades in and acts all superior and can’t help but add his or her wise input.
    4. The loverz can’t help themselves and toys get thrown out of prams.
    5. Scousers and Mancs then start in on one another.
    6. Haterz act all haughty and superior.
    7. Thread gets closed after a few pages.

mboy
    Free Member

Dear God, and I know I didn’t have to click on the thread title, but PLEASE… We get what, 6 maybe 8 weeks of the year without domestic football covering the entire media 24/7, the Olympics are on and they’re really quite enthralling, it’s sunny outside, there are bikes to be ridden!

Can we just leave football alone for a little while longer. Part of the reason I like this forum is its pretty much a safe haven from the tedium that is 95% of the male population of this country and their obsession with the stupid pigskin and the 22 overpaid, under talented individuals kicking it about. Do you really spend the brief time off that we have wondering what will happen this upcoming season? 😕

Shoot me down in flames, you no doubt will, but if mountain biking was rammed down my throat 24/7 for more than 10 months a year, I’d get bored of it too!

EDIT: FWIW watched quite a bit of the women’s football in the Olympics. Shining example of one sport that is MUCH better a spectator sport when it’s the girls playing. Maybe it’s cos they’re amateurs on the whole, but there’s no diving to speak of, and the games are much more flowing and open. It’s much more exciting to watch.

Jamie
    Free Member

Predictable.

yunki
    Free Member

it’s lost all it’s charm since they removed the only interesting element..

which was the glorious hooliganism

nealglover
    Free Member

I was going to say ……

Don’t know about the coming season, but shortly this thread will be full of people who clicked on it just to tell people they don’t even know, how superior they are for not liking football.

Looks like I’m too late.

How predictable.

(at least nobody has used the side splitting terms “footballists” or “wendyball” yet though) 🙄

andytherocketeer

at least nobody has used the side splitting terms “footballists” or “wendyball” yet though

they have now 😉

3. A football hater wades in and acts all superior and can’t help but add his or her wise input.

good prediction 🙂 must have seen me coming 😉

I reckon we …

Who is “we” ?

aracer
    Free Member

Lots of people getting all worked up about sport rather than just enjoying it.

Seems we don’t even have to wait for the football season.

yunki
    Free Member

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Seems we don’t even have to wait for the football season.

Indeed, somebody was so worked up about how boring he found dressage, that he started a thread about it recently.

timc
    Free Member

‘We’ are Liverpool, wise up 😉

mboy – Member
    overpaid, under talented

not really how it works though is it? don’t hate the player & all that…

mboy – Member
    EDIT: FWIW watched quite a bit of the women’s football in the Olympics. Shining example of one sport that is MUCH better a spectator sport when it’s the girls playing. Maybe it’s cos they’re amateurs on the whole, but there’s no diving to speak of, and the games are much more flowing and open. It’s much more exciting to watch.

I agree it entertaining but its more open for 2 major reasons, women simply aren’t as athletic as the men & the standard isn’t as high, lot more mistakes, space, time etc. but it is enjoyable.

seadog101

Man City fans acting all cocky whenever they win.

yossarian
    Free Member

Football at lower league level is far more honest and far more passionately supported. The premier league has poisoned the game at national level, perhaps permanently.

sadexpunk

After watching the Olympics, doubt I’ll watch football again.

+1

been getting slowly more and more disillusioned with football over the last few years. usually its watching a spell of rugby that makes me think thats it, im watching this now, im sick of football. but i ususally end up drifting back into it after watching a few games, and getting caught up in the man city thing last year.

this time its the olympics. thought id hate it, but ive really got into it, and as others have said before, its refreshing to see good, honest dedication and joy at winning. so dare i say it again…… i shant bother with football any more 😀

certainly not a hater, just indifferent these days.

hora
    Free Member

Man U
    City champs league winner
    Arsenal
    Chelsea
    Spurs

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Man Whatever 1 & 2
    Chelsea/Spurs/Arsenal/Newcastle 3-6
    The Rest

thegreatpotato
    Free Member

I predict The Rangers will still feature prominently in BBC Scotland news items (they showed Ally McCoist press conference yesterday!) despite BBC Scotland news never before showing much recognition of leagues below the SPL.

jimification
    Free Member

Dear God, and I know I didn’t have to click on the thread title, but PLEASE… We get what, 6 maybe 8 weeks of the year without domestic football covering the entire media 24/7, the Olympics are on and they’re really quite enthralling, it’s sunny outside, there are bikes to be ridden!

Can we just leave football alone for a little while longer. Part of the reason I like this forum is its pretty much a safe haven from the tedium that is 95% of the male population of this country and their obsession with the stupid pigskin and the 22 overpaid, under talented individuals kicking it about. Do you really spend the brief time off that we have wondering what will happen this upcoming season?

Shoot me down in flames, you no doubt will, but if mountain biking was rammed down my throat 24/7 for more than 10 months a year, I’d get bored of it too!

Well said!

loddrik
    Free Member

Why should we have to ‘leave football alone’…? Some of us actually enjoy it.

I couldn’t give a toss about the Olympics really, I get far more pleasure from seeing Liverpool win a game than watch a load of sports I have no interest in.

I don’t click on any of the Olympics threads for the same reason let alone start bitching on them.

And contrary to what some may have you believe, it is actually possibly to enjoy riding a bike AND support a football team.

Jamie
    Free Member

What a strange choice of font.

jota180
    Free Member

Football threads just aren’t the same without the Rangers/Celtic bigotry

Alas, I think that IRA fella has either been banned or he’s busy hating someone else

binners

After a glorious summer of sporting excellence I expect to see premiership players take that on board and adopt a suitable air of humility

This will last approximately 3 minutes and 22 seconds. Until the first blatant dive, and subsequent barracking of the ref!

The 2 Manc clubs will slug it out for the top spot. But realistically we can’t compete. They’ll have signed VP. We’ll still have a 38 yer old, or 2, shoring up our midfield as the glazers have decided to take another few hundred million out of the club instead of buying any players. Hey ho!

The managerial merry-go-round will carry on at Chelsea, as the dressing room is still being run by a malivalant racist thug. But they’ll compete with the arse for 3rd, well behind the top two

Newcastle as an outside bet to finish above them both. Spurs and Liverpool will be nowhere

grum
    Free Member

What a strange choice of font.

It’s also not lined up properly with the border thingy. Disgraceful.

binners should be up in arms about it.

gonefishin
    Free Member

Football threads just aren’t the same without the Rangers/Celtic bigotry

Three years without regular old firm clashes. Three whole years! Bliss.

But mostly what mboy said.

MSP

There will be some fantastic football played.

mcboo
    Free Member

Another one who has been watching football less and less over the last couple of seasons. After the Olympics it’s going to be hard to take football players seriously.

I grew up supporting Liverpool but they are an empty shell of a club now, I just don’t care.

binners

All that logo is lacking is comic Sans

And in case the Haterz forgot, last season was an absolute corker. The premiership was decided by virtually the last kick of the season!!!

Teetosugars
    Free Member

The 2 Manc clubs will slug it out for the top spot. But realistically we can’t compete. They’ll have signed VP

Eh? She’s left track cycling to play Wendyball Football?? 😳 😉

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Predictions for the coming football season..?

Is the title and the question therein shall be answered how it is meant to be . .

Chelsea
    Man City
    Manu
    Arsenal
    lIverpool

Villa Boys then . . . the rest 😀

tree-magnet
    Free Member

Predictions?

There’ll be some of this:

Some of this (followed by a Jesus like recovery when the offending party gets a yellow/red card):

A lot of this:

Some of this:

And the Monday ritual of being told how “we” got on this weekend.

Come the end of the Olympics we’ll be back to the monoculture of hatred, bigotry, cheating and racism that is the premiership, delivered to us 24/7 on paid for channels owned by one of the most despised and corrupt men in the world, and highlighted on the BBC to stirring and inspirational music.

Woop.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VF_uOgyBK1c[/video]

donsimon
    Free Member

I have no interest in football, so I predict a nauseatingly boring and predictable response season. I try to avoid it and football threads at all costs, yet like a moth to a flame….

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 108 total)

The topic ‘Predictions for the coming football season..?’ is closed to new replies.