Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Poxy Virgin TV
  • ieeosg
    Free Member

Greetings, I’m sure I can’t be the only person with this problem. When I watch certain HD channels on Virgin primarily Channel 5 and ITV1 the picture is slightly out of sync with the sound. It seems to vary from day to day and some days its un watchable. I’ve unpluged the box for varrying amounts of time but it never seems much better. I have rang them about it, they sent some signals to my box and it seemed to cure it for a few days. BBC1, CH4 and BBC HD all work fine. I’m close to telling them to stick it!! Anyone in the same boat?

defydude
    Free Member

Apparently the problem affects Sky users, as well as Virgin.

kimbers

you pay to watch tv?

headfirst
    Free Member

According to my Dad, who seems to be bit of an expert on these things Freeview HD is currently a myth: Freeview Digital yes, Freeview HD no, current broadcasting technology is not yet up to it.

jon1973
    Free Member

you pay to watch tv?

Not all channels are available of Freeview.

Get the sync problem here occasionally as well (on Virgin Tivo)

iain1775
    Free Member

Your lucky I keep loosing picture on my virgin, only on sky owned HD channels
    Sky1 etc

kimbers

my freeiew hd channels (all 4 of em!!) work fine

edit: and yes my freeview hd channels are better quality than my brothers sky hd and his tv is the next model up from mine!

unovolo
    Free Member

My father has a Freeview HD recorder,and the HD channels are Definetly better quality,even better than Sky Hd that he had on the same tv beforehand.
    So there is either some serious up scaling going on or it is a HD broadcast.
    I’m a Satellite engineer so know a bit about tv .

prettygreenparrot

Restart the box. Tedious, but can deal with some sync problems. I’ve not yet experienced these on TiVo. They were occasional on V+

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Poxy Virgin TV’ is closed to new replies.