Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Powder coaters in Cardiff
  • keppoch

Has anyone used a powder coat company in South Wales for a bike frame? I’m keen to avoid the faff and expense of postage to and from somewhere more remote.

Also, does anyone have any advice on preparation of the frame for best results?

Thanks

cubemeup
    Free Member

there is a guy in tredegar ring ps cycles in abercarn they no his number also im sure theres one in caerphilly just down from the hospital in the ind est

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Kevin in Cwmbran was very good but he’s gone now, Castle Coatings in Caerphilly are decent enough though and reasonable.

coatesy
    Free Member

Euro quality coatings in Cardiff (Lamby Way), have bike experience as they do work for Brompton, or so I was told.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

I use Euro Quality Stripping (dodgy German club?) for alcohol dipping/stripping but their powdercoating is very pricy, and they insist on being paid from a business account.

coatesy
    Free Member

Interesting, not actually used them,just that they came into the shop to offer us a powder-coating service (strangely,they didn’t mention the Brompton connection either, but my colleague’s father delivered a batch there).

keppoch

Brompton or not I con confirm Euro Quality stripping remain expensive – £156 including VAT.

Hmm.

ronjeremy
    Free Member

I was looking at this a while ago and there is a place in Swansea, (South Wales Powdercoating) who seem really friendly, helpful and reasonable, I got quoted between £55/65 for frame and forks, haven’t got round to stripping my old frame and taking it down to them yet, so can’t comment on the quality of the work, but they have a cyclist section on their website and were more than happy to answer my questions over the phone

molgrips
    Free Member

Hmm my 5 could really do with a new coat of paint. Tempted.

It perfectly matches my car now but I might go for a more interesting colour.

What about that place in Bristol that everyone loves? Argos or something?

Mattbike

I’ve used Castle Coatings in Caerphilly for 5 frames. Colours metalic silver, dark blue, light blue, dark grey and satin black. They are ok quality wise although the coating was a little thin around the bottom bracket area of the last frame I had done. Check for blemishes when you pick up the frame and ask them to re-coat if necessary.

They are friendly and are reasonably priced at around £35 – £40.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Powder coaters in Cardiff’ is closed to new replies.